CSS: Is text-transform: capitalize; NG on IE 5.x?

Curtis

Is text-transform: capitalize on IE 5.x?

This:

#sidebar-left li
{
text-transform: capitalize;
}

works fine on Opera and Firefox, but not on IE5.x. Have not
tried it on 6+ yet. Can't find on a browser feature matrix
or get an answer from Google search.

--

Curtis

Visit We the Thinking
www.wethethinking.com
An online magazine/forum
devoted to philosophical
thought.

Curtis

message
et.au...
Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Curtis

It's supported by IE 4, so presumably.

Hmmm. Strange.

It would be handy, as stock Drupal comes with all the menus
lower-cased, and the only alternative to CSS would be
manually going through the translation files to capitalize
the amateurish-looking status quo.

The site is under development and directory-passworded so
not yet publically accessable, Mark. If your email address
is good, I can send you a password.

http://www.jalfrezi.com/stylebml.htm covers NS4, IE3, IE4 on both
Windows and Mac.

Thanks, I'll have a look.

--

Curtis

Visit We the Thinking
www.wethethinking.com
An online magazine/forum
devoted to philosophical
thought.

Mark Parnell

Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Curtis
The site is under development and directory-passworded so
not yet publically accessable, Mark.

Can you put up a demo page?
If your email address is good, I can send you a password.

It is and you're welcome to do so, though it would be better if you are
able to make something available to everyone, as others may pick
something up that I miss.

Curtis

Curtis said:
Is text-transform: capitalize on IE 5.x?

This:

#sidebar-left li
{
text-transform: capitalize;
}

works fine on Opera and Firefox, but not on IE5.x. Have not
tried it on 6+ yet.

I'm still unable to get text-transform to capitalize for
IE5.x.

Website splash page is now visible at www.marxup.com.

Note the sidebar navigation menu, items Content and
Forums--these are not capitalizing in 5.0 or 5.5 IE on two
different systems. Works OK on Opera and Firefox.

CSS is:

..sidebar-left a:link
{
color: #fff;
text-decoration: none;
text-transform: capitalize;
}

The code is getting to the links, because I can set the
color. Is there another setting that might be overriding
this? (I'm not using text-transform anywhere else.)

--

Curtis

Visit We the Thinking
www.wethethinking.com
An online magazine/forum
devoted to philosophical
thought.

Mark Parnell

Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Curtis
Note the sidebar navigation menu, items Content and
Forums--these are not capitalizing in 5.0 or 5.5 IE on two
different systems. Works OK on Opera and Firefox.

It's capitalised in IE5.01 and 5.5 here (Win2k).

Curtis

message
et.au...
Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Curtis

It's capitalised in IE5.01 and 5.5 here (Win2k).

Thanks for checking, Mark. I'm more clueless than ever, now.

I'm using Win98, so maybe I've got a couple of dated DLLs.
The 5.0 is pretty dicey in the Javascript department, so
that wouldn't surprise me.

--

Curtis

Visit We the Thinking
www.wethethinking.com
An online magazine/forum
devoted to philosophical
thought.

Curtis

message
et.au...
Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Curtis

It's capitalised in IE5.01 and 5.5 here (Win2k).

I changed the selector syntax to

..sidebar-left a:link, .sidebar-left a:visited
{
font-size: 12px;
text-transform: capitalize;
}

and now it seems to be working in 5.0 and 5.5 on my end.
Can't explain why it didn't work for IE before HERE but they
did for you. Computers... bah.

--

Curtis

Visit We the Thinking