CSS layout newbie

leo

I am thinking of converting my site to CSS as much as possible (ditching
tables for layouts). It's sleek to separate content from layout. But, when I
print other websites using CSS layout, all the formatings are gone. Is there
a way to put codes in the HTML so that the web browser would print with
formatting intact?

Dan

I am thinking of converting my site to CSS as much as possible (ditching
tables for layouts). It's sleek to separate content from layout. But, when I
print other websites using CSS layout, all the formatings are gone. Is there
a way to put codes in the HTML so that the web browser would print with
formatting intact?

You can have a style-sheet for screen presentation and one for printing.
Most people prefer two different formats as all that is on the screen
is not necessarily formatted in a way that would print well. But you
have total control over this; just use one style-sheet for "all".

Dan