CSS Layout Problem (looks fine in IE, but...)

Geoff Hague

Hello to everyone in this wonderful, wonderful newsgroup! :)

I have what I hope to be a fairly easy-to-solve CSS layout problem. The
website in question is:
http://www.captainsoftheworld.com/modernrepublic/index.php
and it's associated style-sheet is at:
http://www.captainsoftheworld.com/modernrepublic/ModernRepublic.css

Anyway, the layout seems to work perfectly well in Internet Explorer.
Here's a link to how it's supposed to look:
http://www.captainsoftheworld.com/modernrepublic/good.gif
I don't have an image showing the problem at the moment (the computer I'm
posting from only has IE installed), but it'll be very obvious to anyone who
views the site in, say, Mozilla or Safari.

If anyone could offer some suggestions, it'd be much appreciated.

Thanks!
~Geoff

Kris

Geoff Hague said:
I have what I hope to be a fairly easy-to-solve CSS layout problem. The
website in question is:
http://www.captainsoftheworld.com/modernrepublic/index.php
and it's associated style-sheet is at:
http://www.captainsoftheworld.com/modernrepublic/ModernRepublic.css

Anyway, the layout seems to work perfectly well in Internet Explorer.
Here's a link to how it's supposed to look:
http://www.captainsoftheworld.com/modernrepublic/good.gif
I don't have an image showing the problem at the moment (the computer I'm
posting from only has IE installed), but it'll be very obvious to anyone who
views the site in, say, Mozilla or Safari.

You are working with IE's broken CSS box model, under the impression
that that is the 'right' way.

Add this DocType declaration to the start of your document and review in
IE6. If correct, it would now look in IE like it looks in Moz or Safari.

That may only solve one or two issues, though.