    I am kind of lost here. Can anybody give me a hint on how to solve that?

    Thank you a million for any hint,

    Merlin

    Merlin, Apr 8, 2006

  2. Merlin wrote:

    > this different browsers are driving me nuts! I am trying to postion an
    > element on an exact point within the browser. So I used following
    > code:
    >
    > float : left; position:absolute;top:20px;left:91px;z-index:1;

    Without a URL to the page, any suggestions would just be a wild guess.

    > Now the element is on 3!! different positions. Each browser has its
    > own! Opera, FF and IE! I tried it with "fixed" and that worked in
    > opera and firefox, but not in IE.

    The browsers all have slightly different versions of padding and
    margins. It is extremely difficult to get a pixel-perfect display across
    multiple browsers.

    > I am kind of lost here. Can anybody give me a hint on how to solve
    > that?

    Except for a few web authors who may be intrigued by your layout, nobody
    else is going to see the difference. Unless ... you place a bright red
    flashing notice on the page advising your regular visitors to "Try me in
    three different browsers!" Nobody will use more than one.

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Apr 8, 2006

  3. Merlin

    Neredbojias Guest

    To further the education of mankind, Merlin <>
    declaimed:

    > Hi there,
    >
    > this different browsers are driving me nuts! I am trying to postion an
    > element on an exact point within the browser. So I used following
    > code:
    >
    > float : left; position:absolute;top:20px;left:91px;z-index:1;

    Incorrect css. Use float _or_ positioning.

    > Now the element is on 3!! different positions. Each browser has its
    > own! Opera, FF and IE! I tried it with "fixed" and that worked in
    > opera and firefox, but not in IE.
    >
    > I am kind of lost here. Can anybody give me a hint on how to solve
    > that?

    Probably not without a url except to suggest that you revisit sources
    documenting proper css implimentation.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Infinity can have limits.