    not result in a left margin, the "margin-left: 120px" does the job.

    thx,
    Lars

    Lars Neidhold, Jul 31, 2003

  2. Lars Neidhold

    Steve Pugh Guest

    Lars Neidhold <> wrote:

    >i´m just curious, doesn´t i.e. "margin: 0px 120px 10px 0px" work in
    >mozilla? I´m using mozilla firebird and while the above statement does
    >not result in a left margin, the "margin-left: 120px" does the job.

    A left margin? You've told the browser to make the left margin 0 and
    it has. What were you expecting?

    The edges go clockwise from 12 o'clock so the order is -
    top right bottom left.

    Some peopler remember this as "TRouBLe".

    Steve

    Steve Pugh <> <http://steve.pugh.net/>

    Steve Pugh, Jul 31, 2003

  3. Steve Pugh wrote:

    > A left margin? You've told the browser to make the left margin 0 and
    > it has. What were you expecting?
    >
    > The edges go clockwise from 12 o'clock so the order is -
    > top right bottom left.
    >
    > Some peopler remember this as "TRouBLe".

    argh... i was sure it was "top left bottom right"

    thx for the hint,
    Lars

    Lars Neidhold, Jul 31, 2003
  4. Lars Neidhold

    My Liege Guest

    Steve Pugh <> wrote in

    Editting pleasantness in place of snideness to improve the usenet
    experience for everyone.

    > Lars Neidhold <> wrote:
    >
    >>i´m just curious, doesn´t i.e. "margin: 0px 120px 10px 0px" work in
    >>mozilla? I´m using mozilla firebird and while the above statement does
    >>not result in a left margin, the "margin-left: 120px" does the job.

    > X XXXX XXXXXX? XXX'XX XXXX XXX XXXXXXX XX XXXX XXX XXXXXXX XX XXXX XXX
    > XXX. XXXX XXXX XXX XXXXXXXXXXXX?

    Hullo friend,

    It appears you've made an ordering error in the first command. The order
    should have...
    > ...the edges go clockwise from 12 o'clock, so the order is -
    > top right bottom left.
    >
    > Some peopler remember this as "TRouBLe".

    Wishing you the best of luck on your page,

    My Liege, Aug 1, 2003
  5. Lars Neidhold

    rf Guest

    "My Liege" <> wrote in message
    > Steve Pugh <> wrote in
    >

    > Editting pleasantness in place of snideness to improve the usenet
    > experience for everyone.

    It is considered a breach of usenet etiqutte to correct somebody else's
    grammer or obvious typpos.

    To "correct" half a post just because you don't like the tone of it is
    IMNSHO bloody rude and arrogant. And what are you doing out of your frames
    thread anyway?

    Do **** off, there's a good chap.

    rf, Aug 1, 2003
  6. Lars Neidhold

    My Liege Guest

    "rf" <> wrote in

    > "My Liege" <> wrote in message
    >> Steve Pugh <> wrote in
    >>

    >> Editting pleasantness in place of snideness to improve the usenet
    >> experience for everyone.

    > It is considered a breach of usenet etiqutte to correct somebody

    ^^^^^^^^
    > else's grammer or obvious typpos.

    ^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^

    Quit trolling.

    > To "correct"

    Who are you quoting?

    > half a post just because you don't like the tone of it

    Nonsense. I clearly said my reason for "editting" it was to make usenet a
    more enjoyable experience for everyone.

    2nd half of post snipped for same reason...

    My Liege, Aug 1, 2003
  7. Steve Pugh wrote:
    > My Liege <> wrote:
    >
    >> Steve Pugh <> wrote in
    >>
    >> Editting pleasantness in place of snideness to improve the usenet
    >> experience for everyone.

    > [snip my post and ML's 'edits']
    >
    > Ah, I see that I have my very own Usenet stalker now.

    Bah, I saw him/her first - jilted already, humbug.

    --
    William Tasso - http://WilliamTasso.com

    William Tasso, Aug 1, 2003