    problem with IE and CSS, or is there a problem with my company computer?

    TIA
    Wayne
    Wayne, Apr 14, 2004

  2. Wayne

    Mark Parnell Guest

    On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 22:41:28 GMT, Wayne <> declared in
    alt.html:

    > I am attempting to take brucie's (and others) advice and move from
    > frames.

    Woohoo!

    > One of the issues I need to deal with is menus. Currently I
    > have JS menus and have been looking at alternative CSS menus.

    Good idea.

    > This site http://www.meyerweb.com/eric/css/edge/menus/demo.html has a
    > fine looking CSS menu in Mozilla, but it starts breaking down in Mozilla
    > Composer (the spaces change drastically between the menu items) and
    > doesn't work at all for me on my company computer (XP with IE 6.0).

    I have noticed the preview in Mozilla Composer doesn't match what
    actually shows in the browser, even though theoretically they should be
    using exactly the same rendering engine - I wouldn't worry about that
    side of things too much.

    As for IE, the top-level links still work in IE, you just don't get the
    lower-level links.

    A better one to use is at http://devedge.netscape.com/ It uses a
    combination of CSS and Javascript, and works fine on Moz, Opera and IE
    (the lower-level menus don't work in IE, and are flaky in Opera, but
    again, the top level links still work, so it is still usable).

    > Is there a problem with IE and CSS

    I nominate this for understatement of the month. :)

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au
    Mark Parnell, Apr 14, 2004

  3. Mark Parnell wrote:

    > A better one to use is at http://devedge.netscape.com/ It uses a
    > combination of CSS and Javascript, and works fine on Moz, Opera and IE

    To clarify, the next two quoted lines only apply for people with
    Javascript disabled:

    > (the lower-level menus don't work in IE, and are flaky in Opera, but
    > again, the top level links still work, so it is still usable).

    And *with* Javascript *enabled* the menu works in IE 5.5+, Netscape 6+,
    Mozilla, Safari, Konqueror 3 and Opera 6+ (IIRC) as well as any browsers
    that don't support neither CSS nor Javascript, such as Lynx and Googlebot.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Toby A Inkster, Apr 15, 2004
  4. On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 08:02:41 +0100, Toby A Inkster
    <> wrote:

    >Mark Parnell wrote:
    >
    >> A better one to use is at http://devedge.netscape.com/ It uses a
    >> combination of CSS and Javascript, and works fine on Moz, Opera and IE

    >To clarify, the next two quoted lines only apply for people with
    >Javascript disabled:
    >
    >> (the lower-level menus don't work in IE, and are flaky in Opera, but
    >> again, the top level links still work, so it is still usable).

    >And *with* Javascript *enabled* the menu works in IE 5.5+, Netscape 6+,
    >Mozilla, Safari, Konqueror 3 and Opera 6+ (IIRC) as well as any browsers
    >that don't support neither CSS nor Javascript, such as Lynx and Googlebot.

    have you tried
    http://www.projectseven.com/index.htm

    Regards

    David M Wicker