    Thomas Jollans - http://jollybox.de/
    GNU/Linux - freedom, functionality, power - what more do you want ?
    When in doubt, follow the penguins.
    Thomas Jollans, Apr 15, 2006

  2. Thomas Jollans

    Guest

    Thomas Jollans wrote:
    > I have been playing around with CSS rollover effects.
    > http://zombiehq.xyzplanet.net/jb.html works perfectly in konqueror 3.5.1
    > (KHTML): when hovering over the "meny item", two sub-menus pop up below
    > with some nice highlighting. this however doesn't seam to work in Firefox
    > 1.5.0.1 (Gecko/20060203) (only the highlight shows).
    > Can anyone give me pointers as to why ? I tried replacing div.menuitem with
    > <a>, without success.

    You're lacking a DTD, so Firefox is kicking into quirks mode. Fix that
    and you get what is presumably your intended effect; well, at least
    until you then go on to test it in IE...

    If you'd run the page through a validator you'd have found a few other
    things that need fixing, too.

    Cheers,

    AGW.
    , Apr 15, 2006

  3. wrote:

    > Thomas Jollans wrote:
    >> I have been playing around with CSS rollover effects.
    >> http://zombiehq.xyzplanet.net/jb.html works perfectly in konqueror 3.5.1
    >> (KHTML): when hovering over the "meny item", two sub-menus pop up below
    >> with some nice highlighting. this however doesn't seam to work in Firefox
    >> 1.5.0.1 (Gecko/20060203) (only the highlight shows).
    >> Can anyone give me pointers as to why ? I tried replacing div.menuitem
    >> with <a>, without success.

    > You're lacking a DTD, so Firefox is kicking into quirks mode. Fix that
    > and you get what is presumably your intended effect;

    That might be an idea; I have however managed to get the effect with lists,
    see http://zombiehq.xyzplanet.net/jb4.html
    > well, at least
    > until you then go on to test it in IE...

    Considering the age of IE6, I will only ensure the possibility to use the
    page, not intended display (due to unsupported standards).

    > If you'd run the page through a validator you'd have found a few other
    > things that need fixing, too.

    nothing serious

    Thomas Jollans, Apr 15, 2006
  4. Thomas Jollans

    dorayme Guest

    In article <e1qm7e$jr7$01$-online.com>,
    Thomas Jollans <> wrote:

    > I have been playing around with CSS rollover effects.
    > http://zombiehq.xyzplanet.net/jb.html works perfectly in konqueror 3.5.1
    > (KHTML): when hovering over the "meny item", two sub-menus pop up below
    > with some nice highlighting. this however doesn't seam to work in Firefox
    > 1.5.0.1 (Gecko/20060203) (only the highlight shows).
    > Can anyone give me pointers as to why ? I tried replacing div.menuitem with
    > <a>, without success.

    Perhaps you might look at
    http://www.dorayme.150m.com/test/nav.html and take a look at the
    css and html for the link list (ignore all the stuff after the
    pre, that is the free server)

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Apr 16, 2006