CSS menu rollover effects

Thomas Jollans

I have been playing around with CSS rollover effects.
http://zombiehq.xyzplanet.net/jb.html works perfectly in konqueror 3.5.1
(KHTML): when hovering over the "meny item", two sub-menus pop up below
with some nice highlighting. this however doesn't seam to work in Firefox
1.5.0.1 (Gecko/20060203) (only the highlight shows).
Can anyone give me pointers as to why ? I tried replacing div.menuitem with
<a>, without success.

frederick

Thomas said:
I have been playing around with CSS rollover effects.
http://zombiehq.xyzplanet.net/jb.html works perfectly in konqueror 3.5.1
(KHTML): when hovering over the "meny item", two sub-menus pop up below
with some nice highlighting. this however doesn't seam to work in Firefox
1.5.0.1 (Gecko/20060203) (only the highlight shows).
Can anyone give me pointers as to why ? I tried replacing div.menuitem with
<a>, without success.

You're lacking a DTD, so Firefox is kicking into quirks mode. Fix that
and you get what is presumably your intended effect; well, at least
until you then go on to test it in IE...

If you'd run the page through a validator you'd have found a few other
things that need fixing, too.

Cheers,

AGW.

Thomas Jollans

You're lacking a DTD, so Firefox is kicking into quirks mode. Fix that
and you get what is presumably your intended effect;
That might be an idea; I have however managed to get the effect with lists,
see http://zombiehq.xyzplanet.net/jb4.html
well, at least
until you then go on to test it in IE...
Considering the age of IE6, I will only ensure the possibility to use the
page, not intended display (due to unsupported standards).
If you'd run the page through a validator you'd have found a few other
things that need fixing, too.
nothing serious

dorayme

Thomas Jollans said:
I have been playing around with CSS rollover effects.
http://zombiehq.xyzplanet.net/jb.html works perfectly in konqueror 3.5.1
(KHTML): when hovering over the "meny item", two sub-menus pop up below
with some nice highlighting. this however doesn't seam to work in Firefox
1.5.0.1 (Gecko/20060203) (only the highlight shows).
Can anyone give me pointers as to why ? I tried replacing div.menuitem with
<a>, without success.

Perhaps you might look at
http://www.dorayme.150m.com/test/nav.html and take a look at the
css and html for the link list (ignore all the stuff after the
pre, that is the free server)