CSS Menu tabs IE6 v Firefox

johnsouth

Hi

I'm moving my site over to pure css layout and having a few problems.
I've done the rounded tabs with corner graphics and hyperlinks within
LI elements. It looks as I want in IE6 & 7 but in Firefox 2 I can't
set a top and bottom padding on the hyperlinks to space out the Tab
titles.

You'll see what I mean at www.WhereCanWeGo.com

Any suggestions?

John South
Pangbourne UK
www.WhereCanWeGo.com

Andy Dingley

johnsouth said:
Hi

I'm moving my site over to pure css layout and having a few problems.
I've done the rounded tabs with corner graphics and hyperlinks

Take a look at the "Sliding Windows" technique. Simple and flexible.
LI elements. It looks as I want in IE6 & 7 but in Firefox 2 I can't
set a top and bottom padding on the hyperlinks to space out the Tab
titles.

Your doctype is weird. Switch to HTML 4.01 Strict before you even think
of investigating CSS width-related rendering differences involving IE.