CSS menu troubles (Internet Explorer)

Discussion in 'HTML' started by King of Red Lions, Jun 28, 2004.

  1. Hey all! I'm trying to create a decent CSS menu and have run into major
    problems, namely Internet Explorer. This is my site with the menu on it
    www.paradisa.net/softek If you look at the menu in Mozilla it is just how I
    want it to be, but if you look through Internet Explorer it doesn't look so
    great. What attribute of my CSS do I have wrong? Is there anything I can
    change so it will look the same in Internet Explorer? Here is the CSS I
    used.

    ..menu1 {
    width: 164px;
    color: #444488;
    background-color: #FFFFFF;
    padding: 3px 0 3px 10px;
    display: block;
    border-bottom: 1px solid #EFEDED;
    font: 13px Arial, sans-serif;
    font-weight: bold;
    text-decoration: none;
    text-align: left;
    }

    ..menu1:hover {
    background-color: #ECF5FF;
    color: #444488;
    text-decoration: none;
    }

    ..menu2 {
    width: 156px;
    color: #444488;
    background-color: #FFFFFF;
    padding: 3px 0 3px 18px;
    display: block;
    border-bottom: 1px solid #EFEDED;
    font: 13px Arial, sans-serif;
    font-weight: bold;
    text-decoration: none;
    text-align: left;
    }

    ..menu2:hover {
    background-color: #ECF5FF;
    color: #444488;
    text-decoration: none;
    }

    Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

    King of Red Lions, Jun 28, 2004

  2. King of Red Lions

    Peter Smit Guest

    King of Red Lions wrote:
    > Hey all! I'm trying to create a decent CSS menu and have run into major
    > problems, namely Internet Explorer. This is my site with the menu on it
    > www.paradisa.net/softek If you look at the menu in Mozilla it is just how I
    > want it to be, but if you look through Internet Explorer it doesn't look so
    > great. What attribute of my CSS do I have wrong? Is there anything I can
    > change so it will look the same in Internet Explorer? Here is the CSS I
    > used.
    >
    > .menu1 {
    > width: 164px;
    > color: #444488;
    > background-color: #FFFFFF;
    > padding: 3px 0 3px 10px;
    > display: block;
    > border-bottom: 1px solid #EFEDED;
    > font: 13px Arial, sans-serif;
    > font-weight: bold;
    > text-decoration: none;
    > text-align: left;
    > }
    >
    > .menu1:hover {
    > background-color: #ECF5FF;
    > color: #444488;
    > text-decoration: none;
    > }
    >
    > .menu2 {
    > width: 156px;
    > color: #444488;
    > background-color: #FFFFFF;
    > padding: 3px 0 3px 18px;
    > display: block;
    > border-bottom: 1px solid #EFEDED;
    > font: 13px Arial, sans-serif;
    > font-weight: bold;
    > text-decoration: none;
    > text-align: left;
    > }
    >
    > .menu2:hover {
    > background-color: #ECF5FF;
    > color: #444488;
    > text-decoration: none;
    > }
    >
    > Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

    looks the same to me in Mozilla and IE5
    Peter

    Peter Smit, Jun 28, 2004

  3. King of Red Lions

    Mark Parnell Guest

    On 28 Jun 2004 16:37:04 GMT, King of Red Lions <> declared in
    alt.html:

    > Hey all! I'm trying to create a decent CSS menu and have run into major
    > problems, namely Internet Explorer.

    Don't we all? :)

    > This is my site with the menu on it
    > www.paradisa.net/softek If you look at the menu in Mozilla it is just how I
    > want it to be, but if you look through Internet Explorer it doesn't look so
    > great.

    First of all, try adding a doctype that triggers Standards mode (either
    add the URI to the Transitional doctype, or even better use Strict).

    Then fix your validation errors:
    http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http://www.paradisa.net/softek/
    http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/...warning=2&uri=http://www.paradisa.net/softek/

    Once you've done that, come back if you are still having problems. :)

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

    Mark Parnell, Jun 29, 2004