CSS menu vertical

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Nico Schuyt, Oct 16, 2004.

  1. Nico Schuyt

    Nico Schuyt Guest

    Nico Schuyt, Oct 16, 2004

  2. Nico Schuyt

    brucie Guest

    In alt.html Nico Schuyt said:

    > Result: http://www.nicoschuyt.nl/test/menu_alistapart.htm
    > In IE5-6 it looks OK. In Opera 7.2 nothing happens. In Mozilla 1.4 the
    > submenu is shown too low.

    seems fine in O7.54 and moz1.7. upgrade

    --

    v o i c e s

    brucie, Oct 16, 2004

  3. Nico Schuyt

    Nico Schuyt Guest

    brucie wrote:
    > In alt.html Nico Schuyt said:

    >> Result: http://www.nicoschuyt.nl/test/menu_alistapart.htm
    >> In IE5-6 it looks OK. In Opera 7.2 nothing happens. In Mozilla 1.4
    >> the submenu is shown too low.

    > seems fine in O7.54 and moz1.7. upgrade

    Uhhh, I installed the Mozilla 1.7.3 -> submenu still too low :-(

    --
    Nico
    www.nicoschuyt.nl

    Nico Schuyt, Oct 16, 2004
  4. Nico Schuyt

    Nico Schuyt Guest

    Nico Schuyt wrote:
    > brucie wrote:
    >> In alt.html Nico Schuyt said:

    >>> Result: http://www.nicoschuyt.nl/test/menu_alistapart.htm
    >>> In IE5-6 it looks OK. In Opera 7.2 nothing happens. In Mozilla 1.4
    >>> the submenu is shown too low.

    >> seems fine in O7.54 and moz1.7. upgrade

    > Uhhh, I installed the Mozilla 1.7.3 -> submenu still too low :-(

    And upgraded to Opera 7.54: It works indeed, but submenu too low also.
    Any suggestion how to fix that?

    --
    Nico
    www.nicoschuyt.nl

    Nico Schuyt, Oct 16, 2004
  5. Nico Schuyt

    brucie Guest

    In alt.html Nico Schuyt said:

    >>> seems fine in O7.54 and moz1.7. upgrade

    >> Uhhh, I installed the Mozilla 1.7.3 -> submenu still too low :-(

    > And upgraded to Opera 7.54: It works indeed, but submenu too low also.
    > Any suggestion how to fix that?

    change the css

    --

    v o i c e s

    brucie, Oct 16, 2004
  6. Nico Schuyt

    Nico Schuyt Guest

    brucie wrote:
    > In alt.html Nico Schuyt said:
    >
    >> Result: http://www.nicoschuyt.nl/test/menu_alistapart.htm
    >> In IE5-6 it looks OK. Mozilla 1.7.3 -> submenu too low
    >> Opera 7.54: It works indeed, but submenu too low
    >> also. Any suggestion how to fix that?

    > change the css

    Ahhh, no mercy for an old man trying to fix the bloody CSS for hours now :-(
    But, I succeeded:
    li:hover ul, li.over ul{ display: block; }
    changed to:
    li:hover ul, li.over ul{ display: inline; }

    Thanks!!

    --
    Nico
    www.nicoschuyt.nl

    Nico Schuyt, Oct 16, 2004
  7. Nico Schuyt

    brucie Guest

    In alt.html Nico Schuyt said:

    >> change the css

    > Ahhh, no mercy for an old man trying to fix the bloody CSS for hours now :-(

    i'll swap you. i'll fix your css if you screw 200 drippers shut then
    unscrew them all 10 clicks so they all have an equal flow rate.

    > But, I succeeded:
    > li:hover ul, li.over ul{ display: block; }
    > changed to:
    > li:hover ul, li.over ul{ display: inline; }

    i would have used a negative margin to raise the hovered bits up.

    --

    v o i c e s

    brucie, Oct 16, 2004
  8. Nico Schuyt

    Nico Schuyt Guest

    brucie wrote:
    > In alt.html Nico Schuyt said:
    >> http://www.nicoschuyt.nl/test/menu_alistapart.htm

    >> But, I succeeded:
    >> li:hover ul, li.over ul{ display: block; }
    >> changed to:
    >> li:hover ul, li.over ul{ display: inline; }

    > i would have used a negative margin to raise the hovered bits up.

    I'm sure I tried that before but than the menu is not correct in IE

    --
    Nico
    www.nicoschuyt.nl

    Nico Schuyt, Oct 16, 2004
  9. Nico Schuyt

    brucie Guest

    In alt.html Nico Schuyt said:

    >> i would have used a negative margin to raise the hovered bits up.

    > I'm sure I tried that before but than the menu is not correct in IE

    hide it from IE

    ..blah{margin for ie}
    ..blah,[nul]{margin for real browsers}

    --