    http://www.vunet.us/wic/test/ (compare Firefox and IE)

    Thank you.
    , Jun 26, 2007

    On Jun 25, 8:03 pm, wrote:
    > Hello,
    > This menu is perfect in IE but the width in Firefox is a few pixels
    > bigger that 100%. Please, recommend a fix if possible. I am out of
    > luck. I just want the width to be 100%, nicely inside of a div with
    > some border:
    >
    > http://www.vunet.us/wic/test/(compare Firefox and IE)
    >
    > Thank you.

    I'm not sure what you mean by "a few pixels bigger that 100%". The

    If 50% is what you're going for, then each of these browsers are
    working according to their specs. If you look at the IE version, there
    is a grayed out scroll bar on the right. The Firefox version doesn't
    have this. If you make the IE window wide enough so that the scroll
    bar falls *outside* the Firefox window, they are the same width.

    This is only a guess, but what I would do is either do a javascript
    browser check, and adjust the width of the div for one or the other,
    or I'd set up my IE page to not show the scroll bar (though I'm not
    sure if that would affect firefox or not).

    I'm sure you'll get *much* better answers than this, but maybe this
    will point you in the right direction.

    Julie
    , Jun 26, 2007

  3. RobG Guest

    RobG, Jun 26, 2007

    On Jun 25, 11:14 pm, "" <>
    wrote:
    > On Jun 25, 8:03 pm, wrote:
    >
    > > Hello,
    > > This menu is perfect in IE but the width in Firefox is a few pixels
    > > bigger that 100%. Please, recommend a fix if possible. I am out of
    > > luck. I just want the width to be 100%, nicely inside of a div with
    > > some border:

    > >http://www.vunet.us/wic/test/(compareFirefox and IE)

    > > Thank you.

    > I'm not sure what you mean by "a few pixels bigger that 100%". The
    >
    > If 50% is what you're going for, then each of these browsers are
    > working according to their specs. If you look at the IE version, there
    > is a grayed out scroll bar on the right. The Firefox version doesn't
    > have this. If you make the IE window wide enough so that the scroll
    > bar falls *outside* the Firefox window, they are the same width.
    >
    > This is only a guess, but what I would do is either do a javascript
    > browser check, and adjust the width of the div for one or the other,
    > or I'd set up my IE page to not show the scroll bar (though I'm not
    > sure if that would affect firefox or not).
    >
    > I'm sure you'll get *much* better answers than this, but maybe this
    > will point you in the right direction.
    >
    > Julie

    thank you. i just wanted that div with 50% wide to hold that menu with
    ul 100% nicely inside of that div. but Firefox does not hold it in. UL
    overlaps the right border of 50% div.
    I posted my question to CSS group too as recommended by RobG.
    , Jun 26, 2007
  5. Larry Keenan Guest

    RobG wrote:
    > On Jun 26, 1:03 pm, wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >> This menu is perfect in IE but the width in Firefox is a few pixels
    >> bigger that 100%. Please, recommend a fix if possible. I am out of
    >> luck. I just want the width to be 100%, nicely inside of a div with
    >> some border:

    > You will probablly get a better respons to CSS questions in a CSS news
    > group:

    Change <div style="width:50%;border:1px solid black;">
    to <div style="width: 746px;;border:1px solid black;">

    Reason: Your css says the second div should be 746px wide

    Finally why not just add border:1px solid black; to your
    chromestyle class and loose the border div.

    Larry Keenan
    Larry Keenan, Jun 30, 2007