CSS - new things for me

Sonnich

hi all!

I have a system, where there is a CSS sheet somewhere, but in 2 case
I'd liek to override that as e.g. here. I used my onw system until now,
but this one does not allow me to change the font size. I'd like a
large haeder (size 4).
How do I overcome this?

I have this:

Being new to soem parts of this system, what exactly is colspan (<td
colspan=12) ?`

BR
Sonnich

David Dorward

Sonnich said:
I have a system, where there is a CSS sheet somewhere, but in 2 case
I'd liek to override that

CSS has higher precident then presentational markup. If an element has
a style and some presentational attribute, the style will win.
as e.g. here. I used my onw system until now,
but this one does not allow me to change the font size. I'd like a
large haeder (size 4).

A size 4 font is not a header, its just a big font. And is obsolete in
the face of CSS 1 (which is just a few months off being a decade old).

If it is a header then the markup should be:
<th>some header line!</th>

It is a table header not table data, and boldness and font size are
presentational (and should be handled in the stylesheet).
Being new to soem parts of this system, what exactly is colspan (<td
colspan=12) ?`

http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/index/attributes.html is a handy index of
all attributes in HTML 4.