CSS - new things for me

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Sonnich, Jul 6, 2006.

  1. Sonnich

    Sonnich Guest

    hi all!

    I have a system, where there is a CSS sheet somewhere, but in 2 case
    I'd liek to override that as e.g. here. I used my onw system until now,
    but this one does not allow me to change the font size. I'd like a
    large haeder (size 4).
    How do I overcome this?

    I have this:

    Being new to soem parts of this system, what exactly is colspan (<td
    colspan=12) ?`

    BR
    Sonnich
    Sonnich, Jul 6, 2006

  2. Sonnich wrote:

    > I have a system, where there is a CSS sheet somewhere, but in 2 case
    > I'd liek to override that

    CSS has higher precident then presentational markup. If an element has
    a style and some presentational attribute, the style will win.

    > as e.g. here. I used my onw system until now,
    > but this one does not allow me to change the font size. I'd like a
    > large haeder (size 4).

    A size 4 font is not a header, its just a big font. And is obsolete in
    the face of CSS 1 (which is just a few months off being a decade old).

    If it is a header then the markup should be:
    <th>some header line!</th>

    It is a table header not table data, and boldness and font size are
    presentational (and should be handled in the stylesheet).

    > Being new to soem parts of this system, what exactly is colspan (<td
    > colspan=12) ?`

    http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/index/attributes.html is a handy index of
    all attributes in HTML 4.
    David Dorward, Jul 6, 2006