CSS noob question

Jo9100

there: http://test.rowik.net/css/hc/demo.php (http://test.rowik.net/
css/hc/_demo.css)

i know this is all easy for you but ive been playing with this for
hours. i want to make the design have an height of 100% page, that
means no main scrolling, but only local scrolling (like you already
see, i made temporarily 400px height so it overflows)

i also lost my 1em padding at the bottom... how come?

* please tell me what to change and explain why so I can learn and not
just copy...
* CSS and HTML all valid at w3c validator

thanks so much
jo

Neredbojias

there: http://test.rowik.net/css/hc/demo.php (http://test.rowik.net/
css/hc/_demo.css)

i know this is all easy for you but ive been playing with this for
hours. i want to make the design have an height of 100% page, that
means no main scrolling, but only local scrolling (like you already
see, i made temporarily 400px height so it overflows)

i also lost my 1em padding at the bottom... how come?

* please tell me what to change and explain why so I can learn and not
just copy...
* CSS and HTML all valid at w3c validator

This is just a _cursory_ observation.

You may need to use overflow:hidden; on body (and perhaps html, too,) and
any padding, margins, or borders added to height:100%; makes that height
_more than_ 100%.