css not working in .aspx page

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Josue Maldonado, Aug 9, 2006.

  1. hello list,

    I have the following code in a pure .html file:
    http://rafb.net/paste/results/uBHL5J92.html
    and it displays properly in both FF 1.506 and IE 6:
    http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/8075/htmlokki0.jpg

    However the same code in a .aspx file:
    http://rafb.net/paste/results/6kOI2M88.html
    it looks like this:
    http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/3311/aspxwrongez9.jpg

    Any or suggestion to get that css work properly with a aspx page?

    Thanks in advance.

    --
    Sinceramente,
    Josué Maldonado.

    .... "La cultura es capaz de descifrar los enigmas en que nos envuelve la
    vida."
    Josue Maldonado, Aug 9, 2006

  2. The CSS works on the client side. You have to look at the client-side HTML
    generated. It may have something to do with the HtmlControl in the head
    section, or browser caps. But the only way to know is to look at the
    generated HTML, not the Template code.

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft MVP
    Chicken Salad Surgery

    Accept the Unexpected.

    Kevin Spencer, Aug 10, 2006

  3. Hello Kevin, thanks for your reply,

    Kevin Spencer wrote:
    > The CSS works on the client side. You have to look at the client-side HTML
    > generated. It may have something to do with the HtmlControl in the head
    > section, or browser caps. But the only way to know is to look at the
    > generated HTML, not the Template code.

    the generated html of the .html file is this:
    http://rafb.net/paste/results/q3kyxC24.html

    the generated html of the .aspx file is this:
    http://rafb.net/paste/results/AM74Om60.html

    I was unable to find a real diff between both, they seems to be equal
    except for the id="head1" in the last one, please let me know any
    comments/suggestions.

    Thanks in advance

    --
    Sinceramente,
    Josué Maldonado.

    .... "Tiramos hacia el neanderthal, como la cabra tira al monte." José
    Jiménez Lozano. Escritor español.
    Josue Maldonado, Aug 10, 2006
  4. Hi Josué,

    I pasted the HTML into a couple of new Documents and viewed it in both
    browsers (IE 6 and FF) - it was identical.

    In fact, looking back at your images, posted on
    http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/3311/aspxwrongez9.jpg, Other than the
    browser itself, the web page looks identical to me also.

    Kevin Spencer, Aug 10, 2006
  5. Kevin,

    > I pasted the HTML into a couple of new Documents and viewed it in both
    > browsers (IE 6 and FF) - it was identical.
    >
    > In fact, looking back at your images, posted on
    > http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/3311/aspxwrongez9.jpg, Other than the
    > browser itself, the web page looks identical to me also.

    Do you think could be something wrong in my dev box, I'm newbie to ASP
    but I'm not sure if having .NET 1 and 2 installed in the same box could
    may cause problems, I use VWD for asp.net development.

    --
    Sinceramente,
    Josué Maldonado.

    .... "Lo que un hombre desea, también lo imagina como cierto."
    Josue Maldonado, Aug 10, 2006