[CSS] overflow: scroll;

?

=?ISO-8859-15?Q?Martin_P=F6pping?=

Hello,

I have a problem with overflow scroll. When I use it like in this div tag:

div#content{
padding-left: 5px;
padding-right: 5px;
position: absolute;
border: solid 1px #526e86;
height: 610px;
top: 0px;
width: 480px;
left: 190px;
text-align: justify;
overflow: scroll;
}

It works fine in general, but I have the problem that the scrollbars are
_always_ shown. Also if they are not needed.

For example the text in my div-tag is always smaller than the width of
the div-tag (480px). Therefore there is always an inactive horizontal
scrollbar shown.

Is there a way to avoid that?

Regards,

Martin

}

It works fine in general, but I have the problem that the scrollbars are
_always_ shown. Also if they are not needed.

overflow: auto
For example the text in my div-tag is always smaller than the width of
the div-tag (480px). Therefore there is always an inactive horizontal
scrollbar shown.

Is there a way to avoid that?

Many problem disappear if you remove width specifications with
fixed px sizes.