[CSS] overflow: scroll;

Discussion in 'HTML' started by =?ISO-8859-15?Q?Martin_P=F6pping?=, Aug 24, 2006.

  1. Hello,

    I have a problem with overflow scroll. When I use it like in this div tag:

    div#content{
    padding-left: 5px;
    padding-right: 5px;
    position: absolute;
    border: solid 1px #526e86;
    height: 610px;
    top: 0px;
    width: 480px;
    left: 190px;
    text-align: justify;
    overflow: scroll;
    }

    It works fine in general, but I have the problem that the scrollbars are
    _always_ shown. Also if they are not needed.

    For example the text in my div-tag is always smaller than the width of
    the div-tag (480px). Therefore there is always an inactive horizontal
    scrollbar shown.

    Is there a way to avoid that?

    Regards,

    Martin

    =?ISO-8859-15?Q?Martin_P=F6pping?=, Aug 24, 2006

  2. On 2006-08-23, Martin Pöpping wrote:
    > Hello,
    >

    > I have a problem with overflow scroll. When I use it like in this div tag:
    >
    > div#content{
    > padding-left: 5px;
    > padding-right: 5px;
    > position: absolute;
    > border: solid 1px #526e86;
    > height: 610px;
    > top: 0px;
    > width: 480px;
    > left: 190px;
    > text-align: justify;
    > overflow: scroll;
    > }
    >
    > It works fine in general, but I have the problem that the scrollbars are
    > _always_ shown. Also if they are not needed.

    overflow: auto

    > For example the text in my div-tag is always smaller than the width of
    > the div-tag (480px). Therefore there is always an inactive horizontal
    > scrollbar shown.
    >

    > Is there a way to avoid that?

    Many problem disappear if you remove width specifications with
    fixed px sizes.

    Author:

    Chris F.A. Johnson, Aug 24, 2006

  3. =?ISO-8859-15?Q?Martin_P=F6pping?=

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    "Chris F.A. Johnson" <> wrote:

    > overflow: auto
    >
    > > For example the text in my div-tag is always smaller than the width of
    > > the div-tag (480px). Therefore there is always an inactive horizontal
    > > scrollbar shown.
    > >

    > > Is there a way to avoid that?

    > Many problem disappear if you remove width specifications with
    > fixed px sizes.

    But not this one.

    --
    dorayme