    further details.

    My idea is to keep my top horizontal menu on screen when the user scrolls.
    thanks
    shank, Oct 23, 2003

  2. shank

    altamir Guest

    "shank" <> wrote in
    news:AhUlb.26844$:

    > Is a persistent layer possible using CSS? I know there's an extension
    > for Dreamweaver, but it costs $29 to find out what it does in the
    > background. I've see where there is supposed to be possible with CSS,
    > but there's no further details.
    >
    > My idea is to keep my top horizontal menu on screen when the user
    > scrolls. thanks

    With CSS:

    #somediv {
    position:fixed;
    left:20px;
    top:30px;
    }

    Doesn't work in IE.

    --
    altamir
    altamir, Oct 23, 2003

  3. altamir wrote:

    > #somediv {
    > position:fixed;
    > }
    >
    > Doesn't work in IE.

    But take a look at David Dorwood's rather excellent hacks. I'm sure he'll
    grace you with a URL.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Toby A Inkster, Oct 23, 2003
  4. shank

    altamir Guest

    Toby A Inkster <> wrote in

    > altamir wrote:
    >
    >> #somediv {
    >> position:fixed;
    >> }
    >>
    >> Doesn't work in IE.

    > But take a look at David Dorwood's rather excellent hacks. I'm sure he'll
    > grace you with a URL.

    I didn't it was such a hack. I'm really curious.

    --
    altamir
    altamir, Oct 24, 2003
  5. shank

    altamir Guest

    altamir <> wrote in

    > I didn't it was such a hack. I'm really curious.

    ^know

    --
    altamir
    altamir, Oct 24, 2003