css persistent layers

shank

Is a persistent layer possible using CSS? I know there's an extension for
Dreamweaver, but it costs $29 to find out what it does in the background.
I've see where there is supposed to be possible with CSS, but there's no
further details.

My idea is to keep my top horizontal menu on screen when the user scrolls.
thanks

altamir

Is a persistent layer possible using CSS? I know there's an extension
for Dreamweaver, but it costs $29 to find out what it does in the
background. I've see where there is supposed to be possible with CSS,
but there's no further details.

My idea is to keep my top horizontal menu on screen when the user
scrolls. thanks

With CSS:

#somediv {
position:fixed;
left:20px;
top:30px;
}

Doesn't work in IE.

Toby A Inkster

altamir said:
#somediv {
position:fixed;
}

Doesn't work in IE.

But take a look at David Dorwood's rather excellent hacks. I'm sure he'll
grace you with a URL.