CSS positioning problem

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Susanne Kaufmann, Oct 7, 2004.

  1. I have got a site with a top box, and (normally) three columns under this
    top box. This is no problem. But now i try to make 4 seperate boxes out of
    the mid column. I get it work, but it's not really optimal....perhaps
    someone knows a better way than this:

    /* CSS Document */
    body {
    color:#333;
    background-color:white;
    margin:20px;
    padding:0px;
    font:11px verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
    }

    ..top{
    background:silver;
    border:1px dashed black;
    margin:0px;
    padding:0px;
    height:60px;
    margin:0 -15px 0 -15px;
    }

    ..navAlpha{
    background:gainsboro;
    padding:10px;
    border:1px dashed black;
    width:150px;
    height:400px;
    margin-left:5px;
    position:absolute; left:0px;top:90px;}

    ..content{
    padding:10px;
    border:1px dashed black;
    margin:0 165px 0 165px;

    margin-top:8px;}

    ..navBeta{
    background:gainsboro;
    padding: 10px;
    border: 1px dashed black;
    width:150px;
    height:400px;
    margin-right:5px;
    position:absolute; right:0px;top:90px;}

    ..content_split{
    padding:0px;
    margin:0 165px 0 165px;

    margin-top:8px;
    }

    ..box1, .box2{
    width:47.1%;
    height:230px;
    background:white;
    padding:9px;
    border: 1px solid black;
    }

    ..box1{float:left;}

    One problem is the height: i want that the height of the heighest box is the
    height of the other. So, if box1 is 300px height, box2 should be, too.

    Thanks for any help,

    Susanne Kaufmann
    Susanne Kaufmann, Oct 7, 2004

  2. Susanne Kaufmann

    brucie Guest

    In alt.html Susanne Kaufmann said:

    > I have got a site with a top box, and (normally) three columns under this
    > top box. This is no problem. But now i try to make 4 seperate boxes out of
    > the mid column.

    URL?

    --
    i t ' s t h e l i t t l e v o i c e s