Css Positioning "Screen-Width-Relative"

Rob Powell

hi all

i was wondering

is there a way to give a CSS class a position screen-width-relative? ie,
can i have a class having some properties like "horizontal positioning =
(screen.width / 2) - 350"... ? :)

thanks in advance
rob

dorayme

Rob Powell said:
hi all

i was wondering

is there a way to give a CSS class a position screen-width-relative? ie,
can i have a class having some properties like "horizontal positioning =
(screen.width / 2) - 350"... ? :)

thanks in advance
rob

You can position a box in a browser with CSS. But you need more
to instruct for the monitor itself. You may have some success
with javascript.

Jonathan N. Little

Rob said:
hi all

i was wondering

is there a way to give a CSS class a position screen-width-relative? ie,
can i have a class having some properties like "horizontal positioning =
(screen.width / 2) - 350"... ? :)

thanks in advance
rob

Not directly, but this way will do it:

<head>
#pushpin {
position: absolute; left: 50%; margin-left: -350px;
width: 10em; border: 1px solid black;
}
</head>

David Dorward

Rob said:
is there a way to give a CSS class a position screen-width-relative?

Why? That's just going to be horrible for anyone who doesn't run their
browser maximised.

dorayme

David Dorward said:
Why? That's just going to be horrible for anyone who doesn't run their
browser maximised.

Yes, I was wondering about this. (JL's answer to OP seemed
intriguingly clever).