    --

    http://www.all-the-johnsons.co.uk

    Joy!
    Paul F. Johnson, Jan 8, 2005

  2. Paul F. Johnson

    Els Guest

    Paul F. Johnson wrote:

    > Hi,

    Hello again,

    > If you visit my website with IE you'll see the problem (the
    > URL is in my .sig). On firefox, moz, Opera, Konqueror and a
    > few other browsers, the menu system works fine (the CSS and
    > pages all validate happily).
    >
    > Put it onto IE and the CSS fails totally for the menus.
    >
    > Anyone got any ideas on why it should fail? I'm assuming
    > it's down to IE and style sheets not exactly seeing eye to
    > eye again...

    5 days ago you asked the same question.
    Steve Pugh gave a very complete answer.
    Read it :)

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    - Renato Russo -
    Els, Jan 8, 2005

  3. Paul F. Johnson

    Steve Pugh Guest

    "Paul F. Johnson" <> wrote:

    >If you visit my website with IE you'll see the problem (the URL is in my
    >.sig). On firefox, moz, Opera, Konqueror and a few other browsers, the
    >menu system works fine (the CSS and pages all validate happily).

    For some value of 'fine'. In Firefox I get overlapping text when the
    sub-menu for C# is open and in Opera I get a real mess when any of the
    menus are open.

    >Put it onto IE and the CSS fails totally for the menus.
    >
    >Anyone got any ideas on why it should fail? I'm assuming it's down to IE
    >and style sheets not exactly seeing eye to eye again...

    My response to your last post about that page contains a lot about why
    IE doesn't do what you want. I suggest that you reread that first.

    http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.html/msg/a3748e29b501e0ba

    Steve
    Steve Pugh, Jan 8, 2005
  4. Hi,

    Steve Pugh wrote:
    > "Paul F. Johnson" <> wrote:
    > >>

    >>Anyone got any ideas on why it should fail? I'm assuming it's down to IE
    >>and style sheets not exactly seeing eye to eye again...

    > My response to your last post about that page contains a lot about why
    > IE doesn't do what you want. I suggest that you reread that first.

    That's great thanks - I hadn't seen the reply as for some reason
    Thunderbird didn't show anything!

    TTFN

    Paul
    Paul F. Johnson, Jan 8, 2005