CSS problem in IE7

TommyD

Hi all

I've recently added a free css template to my Dreamweaver designed
site at http://www.tommydonbavand.co.uk

It looks just as it should in Firefox 2.0, but all goes wrong in IE7.
The graphic that should be at the bottom of the page appears too high,
obscuring the text.

If anyone has the time to take a peek and let me know what I'm doing
wrong, I would be very grateful!

Many thanks

TommyD

Andy Dingley

I've recently added a free css template to my Dreamweaver designed
site at http://www.tommydonbavand.co.uk

Hard to say without spending billable time on it -- the CSS is a bit
skanky to be honest, although the visuals look nice enough.

As a wild guess, the problem is with the float on the .leftmenu not
being cleared afterwards adequately to keep IE happy. Adding
#prefooter { clear: left; } might help, or you might stick a <br
style="clear:all;" > in there.

Overall I'd probably refactor the CSS and clean it up before I tried
to debug it. It uses too many id attributes on big page sections and
not enough classes (and inconsistently). Also it requires "style5"
sticking on each and every child, rather than just once on one
parent. Setting line-height and setting line-height in ems (rather
than as a dimensionless number) are other bad ideas.

Oh, and of course it uses pixel-sized fonts. Clear sign of
cluelessness.