CSS Problem (unsightly gap in Opera 7)

brucie

I've been working on getting my website converted over to CSS (based on
a page that brucie made) and I've run into a small problem. IE 6, NS
7.1 and Firebird all work fine, but in Opera 7.11 there's a gap between
the bottom of the content and the footer.

i don't get one.

but

change:

<strong>Random Quote</strong> (click Refresh to see another)

to:

the first <blockquote> for your intro text may be an inappropriate use
and "random quote" should probably be a heading.

Toby A Inkster

Wayfarer said:

Line 21: <blockquote>
Line 39: </blockquote>

Get rid of it. This indicates that your entire content is a quotation.
It's not. If you want to indent text, use:

#content { padding-left: 4em; }

You have:
All truly wise thoughts have been thoughts already thousands of times;
but to make them truly ours, we must think them over again honestly,
till they take root in our personal experience. <br>
<strong>Johann Wolfgang von Goethe</strong>

Replace with:
<h2>Random Quote</h2>
All truly wise thoughts have been thoughts already thousands of times;
but to make them truly ours, we must think them over again honestly,
till they take root in our personal experience.</q><br>
<cite>Johann Wolfgang von Goethe</cite>

And then use CSS to style appropriatly.