CSS Problem.

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Chaddy2222, Mar 29, 2007.

  1. Chaddy2222

    Chaddy2222 Guest

    Chaddy2222, Mar 29, 2007

  2. Chaddy2222

    Chaddy2222 Guest

    Chaddy2222, Mar 29, 2007

  3. Chaddy2222

    Els Guest

    Chaddy2222 wrote:

    > On Mar 29, 11:15 pm, "Chaddy2222" <spamlovermailbox-
    > > wrote:
    >> Hi all.
    >> I am having a problem with getting the form labels to display
    >> correctly on the following test page:http://www.freewebdesign.cjb.cc/temp/testtemplate/submit.htm
    >> Thanks for any help on this.

    > I just thaught I would post a follow-up to AWWW in case Els or anyone
    > is around.

    The solution is very easy - I use tables for forms :)

    Looking at your code though, I think you better take the <form> tag
    and place it before the first label/input element.
    Also, input elements shouldn't be put directly inside the form element
    - you'd need either a fieldset in between, or another wrapper, like a
    div or, conveniently, a table ;-)

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    Els, Mar 29, 2007
  4. Chaddy2222

    Chaddy2222 Guest

    On Mar 30, 5:06 am, Els <> wrote:
    > Chaddy2222 wrote:
    > > On Mar 29, 11:15 pm, "Chaddy2222" <spamlovermailbox-
    > > > wrote:
    > >> Hi all.
    > >> I am having a problem with getting the form labels to display
    > >> correctly on the following test page:http://www.freewebdesign.cjb.cc/temp/testtemplate/submit.htm
    > >> Thanks for any help on this.

    > > I just thaught I would post a follow-up to AWWW in case Els or anyone
    > > is around.

    > The solution is very easy - I use tables for forms :)
    >
    > Looking at your code though, I think you better take the <form> tag
    > and place it before the first label/input element.
    > Also, input elements shouldn't be put directly inside the form element
    > - you'd need either a fieldset in between, or another wrapper, like a
    > div or, conveniently, a table ;-)

    Thanks mate. It's all sorted. It was all going well unitl I started to
    customize the look of the dam thing. Then things started to fall a
    part a bit. But I think i'm getting better with CSS though as I
    managed to quite easily customize the submit button and I managed to
    work out why the lables were not lineing up correctly. I had them set
    a block level elements.
    Chaddy2222, Mar 30, 2007