    I tried styling the list, no change.
    I tried a span across the name, no change.

    what can I do to get what I want?

    richard, Mar 20, 2011

  2. richard wrote:

    > http://1littleworld.net/sample/indexA.html
    >
    > Where I show "Sample Item Name", how do I show this item as a smaller
    > font size? I tried styling the list, no change. I tried a span across
    > the name, no change. what can I do to get what I want?

    Is w3schools closed today? (oh, it *is* Sunday, innit?)

    <li><span style='font-size: 50%'<a href="#">SAMPLE ITEM

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 20, 2011

  3. richard

    richard Guest

    On Sun, 20 Mar 2011 16:38:00 -0400, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    > richard wrote:
    >
    >> http://1littleworld.net/sample/indexA.html
    >>
    >> Where I show "Sample Item Name", how do I show this item as a smaller
    >> font size? I tried styling the list, no change. I tried a span across
    >> the name, no change. what can I do to get what I want?

    > Is w3schools closed today? (oh, it *is* Sunday, innit?)
    >
    > <li><span style='font-size: 50%'<a href="#">SAMPLE ITEM

    Your solution does not work.
    Take a look again. Same results.

    richard, Mar 20, 2011
  4. richard

    123Jim Guest

    "richard" <> wrote in message
    > http://1littleworld.net/sample/indexA.html
    >
    > Where I show "Sample Item Name", how do I show this item as a smaller font
    > size?
    > I tried styling the list, no change.
    > I tried a span across the name, no change.
    >
    > what can I do to get what I want?

    ok I'll begin

    .smallertext{ font-size: 60%; }

    <a class="smallertext" href="#">SAMPLE ITEM NAME</a>This seems too simple,
    there is no doubt a better way. You probably need to style each level of
    list items if you want to improve the style. you're going to say never mind
    I fixed it myself now? :))

    123Jim, Mar 20, 2011
  5. Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    > richard wrote:

    [nothing of interest]

    > <li><span style='font-size: 50%'<a href="#">SAMPLE ITEM

    I appreciate your efforts in trying to mislead "richard" by throwing subtly
    invalid code ("subtly" in a relative sense) at him, but as a whole, Usenet
    would be a little better place if we all just ignored him.

    In addition to feeding the troll, efforts like the above may unintentionally
    mislead novices, who might take your advice seriously. And this is not nice,
    since in addition to introducing a subtle (or "subtle") markup error, you
    have maintained the base code as such in all its cluelessness, with
    pointless use of <span>, broken-by-design link, and SHOUTING.

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

    Jukka K. Korpela, Mar 20, 2011
  6. richard

    richard Guest

    On Sun, 20 Mar 2011 13:02:03 -0700, richard wrote:

    > http://1littleworld.net/sample/indexA.html
    >
    > Where I show "Sample Item Name", how do I show this item as a smaller font
    > size?
    > I tried styling the list, no change.
    > I tried a span across the name, no change.
    >
    > what can I do to get what I want?

    Thanks for the clues.
    Now working the way I want.

    richard, Mar 20, 2011
  7. richard the sto0pid wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >
    >> richard wrote:
    >>> http://1littleworld.net/sample/indexA.html
    >>>
    >>> Where I show "Sample Item Name", how do I show this item as a smaller
    >>> font size? I tried styling the list, no change. I tried a span across
    >>> the name, no change. what can I do to get what I want?

    >> Is w3schools closed today? (oh, it *is* Sunday, innit?)

    Yeah, I forgot the closing > when I typed the post...

    > Your solution does not work.
    > Take a look again. Same results.

    Remove the quote marks from your CSS.
    span { font-size:"50%";}
    span { font-size:50%;}

    Your file: jquery.treeview.css is missing.

    --
    -bts
    -In a broadband world, you are just a dialup

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 20, 2011
  8. richard

    Doug Miller Guest

    In article <>, richard <> wrote:
    >http://1littleworld.net/sample/indexA.html
    >
    >Where I show "Sample Item Name", how do I show this item as a smaller font
    >size?
    >I tried styling the list, no change.
    >I tried a span across the name, no change.
    >
    >what can I do to get what I want?

    I'm guessing you didn't validate your CSS. If you had, you would have seen
    this:

    Value Error : font-size "50%" is not a font-size value : "50%" "50%"

    Doug Miller, Mar 20, 2011
  9. richard

    Doug Miller Guest

    In article <>, d wrote:
    >On Sun, 20 Mar 2011 14:32:20 -0700, richard <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Thanks for the clues.
    >>Now working the way I want.

    >"Clues?" You were given the direct answer, not a clue.
    >
    >Ungrateful prick, no wonder no one wants to help your dumb ass.

    Back off, Evan, you're the one looking like a jerk right now. How on earth can
    you call him "ungrateful" in response to a post that BEGINS by expressing
    gratitude for the assistance he received? If you can't find anything better to
    say, just STFU.

    Doug Miller, Mar 21, 2011
  10. richard

    Doug Miller Guest

    In article <>, d wrote:
    >On Mon, 21 Mar 2011 12:46:35 GMT, (Doug Miller)
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Back off, Evan, you're the one looking like a jerk right now. How on earth can
    >>you call him "ungrateful" in response to a post that BEGINS by expressing
    >>gratitude for the assistance he received? If you can't find anything better to
    >>say, just STFU.

    >You'll notice he replied to himself, not to any of the 2 or 3 people
    >who gave him the answer.

    So? Maybe those other posts had dropped off of his newsserver by the time
    he replied. At least he replied, and said "thank you".

    >And, he says "thanks for the clues". He
    >wasn't given a CLUE, he was given the answer.

    Depends on which posts you're talking about. I didn't give him the answer, at
    least not the complete answer. I think what I told him qualifies as a "clue".

    >But you're right.. I guess it's a start.

    Yes, it is. Richard may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but your
    ongoing vendetta serves mostly to make you look bad, not him.

    Doug Miller, Mar 21, 2011
  11. richard

    stukie Guest

    On Sun, 20 Mar 2011 22:58:02 +0200, Jukka K. Korpela wrote:

    > I appreciate your efforts in trying to mislead "richard" by throwing
    > subtly invalid code ("subtly" in a relative sense) at him, but as a
    > whole, Usenet would be a little better place if we all just ignored him.

    Usenet would be even a better place if you would just STFU.

    > In addition to feeding the troll, efforts like the above may
    > unintentionally mislead novices, who might take your advice seriously.

    Novices would be well advised to note that Usenet is always right because
    Usenet is always wrong.

    > And this is not nice

    You wouldn't recognize nice even if it were to give you a good whacking
    with a clue-by-four.

    > since in addition to introducing a subtle (or
    > "subtle") markup error, you have maintained the base code as such in all
    > its cluelessness, with pointless use of <span>, broken-by-design link,
    > and SHOUTING.

    Same'ol windbag of yore... WAFS, are we trapped in a Corsalis loop?

    stukie, Mar 23, 2011