css problem

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

richard said:
http://1littleworld.net/sample/indexA.html

Where I show "Sample Item Name", how do I show this item as a smaller
font size? I tried styling the list, no change. I tried a span across
the name, no change. what can I do to get what I want?

Is w3schools closed today? (oh, it *is* Sunday, innit?)

<li><span style='font-size: 50%'<a href="#">SAMPLE ITEM

richard

Is w3schools closed today? (oh, it *is* Sunday, innit?)

<li><span style='font-size: 50%'<a href="#">SAMPLE ITEM

Your solution does not work.
Take a look again. Same results.

1

123Jim

richard said:
http://1littleworld.net/sample/indexA.html

Where I show "Sample Item Name", how do I show this item as a smaller font
size?
I tried styling the list, no change.
I tried a span across the name, no change.

what can I do to get what I want?

ok I'll begin

.smallertext{ font-size: 60%; }

<a class="smallertext" href="#">SAMPLE ITEM NAME</a>This seems too simple,
there is no doubt a better way. You probably need to style each level of
list items if you want to improve the style. you're going to say never mind
I fixed it myself now? :))

Jukka K. Korpela

Beauregard said:
richard wrote:

[nothing of interest]
<li><span style='font-size: 50%'<a href="#">SAMPLE ITEM

I appreciate your efforts in trying to mislead "richard" by throwing subtly
invalid code ("subtly" in a relative sense) at him, but as a whole, Usenet
would be a little better place if we all just ignored him.

In addition to feeding the troll, efforts like the above may unintentionally
mislead novices, who might take your advice seriously. And this is not nice,
since in addition to introducing a subtle (or "subtle") markup error, you
have maintained the base code as such in all its cluelessness, with
pointless use of <span>, broken-by-design link, and SHOUTING.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Yeah, I forgot the closing > when I typed the post...
Your solution does not work.
Take a look again. Same results.

Remove the quote marks from your CSS.
span { font-size:"50%";}
span { font-size:50%;}

Your file: jquery.treeview.css is missing.

Doug Miller

http://1littleworld.net/sample/indexA.html

Where I show "Sample Item Name", how do I show this item as a smaller font
size?
I tried styling the list, no change.
I tried a span across the name, no change.

what can I do to get what I want?

I'm guessing you didn't validate your CSS. If you had, you would have seen
this:

Value Error : font-size "50%" is not a font-size value : "50%" "50%"

Doug Miller

"Clues?" You were given the direct answer, not a clue.

Ungrateful prick, no wonder no one wants to help your dumb ass.

Back off, Evan, you're the one looking like a jerk right now. How on earth can
you call him "ungrateful" in response to a post that BEGINS by expressing
gratitude for the assistance he received? If you can't find anything better to
say, just STFU.

Doug Miller

You'll notice he replied to himself, not to any of the 2 or 3 people
who gave him the answer.

So? Maybe those other posts had dropped off of his newsserver by the time
he replied. At least he replied, and said "thank you".
And, he says "thanks for the clues". He
wasn't given a CLUE, he was given the answer.

Depends on which posts you're talking about. I didn't give him the answer, at
least not the complete answer. I think what I told him qualifies as a "clue".
But you're right.. I guess it's a start.

Yes, it is. Richard may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but your
ongoing vendetta serves mostly to make you look bad, not him.

stukie

I appreciate your efforts in trying to mislead "richard" by throwing
subtly invalid code ("subtly" in a relative sense) at him, but as a
whole, Usenet would be a little better place if we all just ignored him.

Usenet would be even a better place if you would just STFU.
In addition to feeding the troll, efforts like the above may
unintentionally mislead novices, who might take your advice seriously.

Novices would be well advised to note that Usenet is always right because
Usenet is always wrong.
And this is not nice

You wouldn't recognize nice even if it were to give you a good whacking
with a clue-by-four.
since in addition to introducing a subtle (or
"subtle") markup error, you have maintained the base code as such in all
its cluelessness, with pointless use of <span>, broken-by-design link,
and SHOUTING.

Same'ol windbag of yore... WAFS, are we trapped in a Corsalis loop?