CSS problem

richard

http://1littleworld.net/problem1.jpg

How can I make it so the second line of names appears appropriately
entirely in the green block?
There will be cases where several names might appear to the right side as
preferred.
I would like all of these names contained within the block. Not spewing out
and messing things up.

Nitpickers: This is a test. The second name shown was used purely for
testing.

Jonathan N. Little

richard said:
http://1littleworld.net/problem1.jpg

How can I make it so the second line of names appears appropriately
entirely in the green block?

Use Photoshop?

In case you haven't figured it out yet you have only supplied a image
here, there is no CSS involved. We can take can guess that the problem
is your long time struggle with understanding floats. Since this is a
topic that just won't go away for you, why not just use a table and be
done with it.

richard

Use Photoshop?

In case you haven't figured it out yet you have only supplied a image
here, there is no CSS involved. We can take can guess that the problem
is your long time struggle with understanding floats. Since this is a
topic that just won't go away for you, why not just use a table and be
done with it.

I am considering using a simple table. as that would allow me the
flexibility of something else I want to do.

richard

Use Photoshop?

In case you haven't figured it out yet you have only supplied a image
here, there is no CSS involved. We can take can guess that the problem
is your long time struggle with understanding floats. Since this is a
topic that just won't go away for you, why not just use a table and be
done with it.

also, I have found out a table is not permitted inside <h3> tags.
in an xhtml 1.0 transitional document. Will any other xhtml documents allow
that or not?

Jonathan N. Little

richard said:
also, I have found out a table is not permitted inside<h3> tags.
in an xhtml 1.0 transitional document. Will any other xhtml documents allow
that or not?

Invalid ones.

You cannot put a TABLE *inside* an H3, but you can put an H3 inside a
table cell.