    and messing things up.

    Nitpickers: This is a test. The second name shown was used purely for
    testing.
    richard, Feb 24, 2012

  2. richard wrote:
    > http://1littleworld.net/problem1.jpg
    >
    > How can I make it so the second line of names appears appropriately
    > entirely in the green block?

    Use Photoshop?

    In case you haven't figured it out yet you have only supplied a image
    here, there is no CSS involved. We can take can guess that the problem
    is your long time struggle with understanding floats. Since this is a
    topic that just won't go away for you, why not just use a table and be
    done with it.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Feb 24, 2012

  3. richard

    richard Guest

    On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 16:47:01 -0500, Jonathan N. Little wrote:

    > richard wrote:
    >> http://1littleworld.net/problem1.jpg
    >>
    >> How can I make it so the second line of names appears appropriately
    >> entirely in the green block?

    > Use Photoshop?
    >
    > In case you haven't figured it out yet you have only supplied a image
    > here, there is no CSS involved. We can take can guess that the problem
    > is your long time struggle with understanding floats. Since this is a
    > topic that just won't go away for you, why not just use a table and be
    > done with it.

    I am considering using a simple table. as that would allow me the
    flexibility of something else I want to do.
    richard, Feb 24, 2012
  4. richard

    richard Guest

    On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 16:47:01 -0500, Jonathan N. Little wrote:

    > richard wrote:
    >> http://1littleworld.net/problem1.jpg
    >>
    >> How can I make it so the second line of names appears appropriately
    >> entirely in the green block?

    > Use Photoshop?
    >
    > In case you haven't figured it out yet you have only supplied a image
    > here, there is no CSS involved. We can take can guess that the problem
    > is your long time struggle with understanding floats. Since this is a
    > topic that just won't go away for you, why not just use a table and be
    > done with it.

    also, I have found out a table is not permitted inside <h3> tags.
    in an xhtml 1.0 transitional document. Will any other xhtml documents allow
    that or not?
    richard, Feb 24, 2012
  5. richard

    dorayme Guest

    In article <2pcavloqrpl2$>,
    richard <> wrote:

    > http://1littleworld.net/problem1.jpg
    >
    > How can I make it so the second line of names appears appropriately
    > entirely in the green block?

    Try

    elementthatcontainsdiscretelightgreenrectangles {overflow: hidden;}

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Feb 25, 2012
  6. richard wrote:
    > On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 16:47:01 -0500, Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    >
    >> richard wrote:
    >>> http://1littleworld.net/problem1.jpg
    >>>
    >>> How can I make it so the second line of names appears appropriately
    >>> entirely in the green block?

    >> Use Photoshop?
    >>
    >> In case you haven't figured it out yet you have only supplied a image
    >> here, there is no CSS involved. We can take can guess that the problem
    >> is your long time struggle with understanding floats. Since this is a
    >> topic that just won't go away for you, why not just use a table and be
    >> done with it.

    > also, I have found out a table is not permitted inside<h3> tags.
    > in an xhtml 1.0 transitional document. Will any other xhtml documents allow
    > that or not?

    Invalid ones.

    You cannot put a TABLE *inside* an H3, but you can put an H3 inside a
    table cell.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    Jonathan N. Little, Feb 25, 2012
  7. richard

    richard Guest

    On Sat, 25 Feb 2012 11:45:19 +1100, dorayme wrote:

    > In article <2pcavloqrpl2$>,
    > richard <> wrote:
    >
    >> http://1littleworld.net/problem1.jpg
    >>
    >> How can I make it so the second line of names appears appropriately
    >> entirely in the green block?

    > Try
    >
    > elementthatcontainsdiscretelightgreenrectangles {overflow: hidden;}

    thanks. I keep forgetting about that one.
    richard, Feb 25, 2012