css question

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Knut Krueger, Jul 21, 2011.

  1. Knut Krueger

    Knut Krueger Guest

    Hi to all,

    I have I a drupal theme in the first CSS

    #page > header {
    clear: both;
    padding: 0;
    background-image: url("images/header_background.gif");
    background-repeat:repeat-x;
    background-color: transparent;
    }

    and in the last css (color cofiguration by color module

    div#page {
    background: #feffff url("images/header-tile.png") repeat-x left top;

    }

    I would have the header with transparent background, but the div#page
    part is setting the header to the background color.

    I cannot disable the div#page because ist is used for all other text
    areas of the site.

    Any suggestion to disable the background color?

    Kind regards Knut
    Knut Krueger, Jul 21, 2011

  2. 21.07.2011 21:04, Knut Krueger wrote:

    > I have I a drupal theme in the first CSS

    As usual, a URL would be worth more than a thousand words.

    > #page > header

    Do you intentionally want to prevent the CSS code from working on older
    versions of IE?

    > div#page {
    > background: #feffff url("images/header-tile.png") repeat-x left top;
    >
    > }
    >

    > I would have the header with transparent background,

    What "header"?

    > but the div#page
    > part is setting the header to the background color.

    The rule sets a background color, yes. And a background image, so that
    the background color mostly does not matter.

    > I cannot disable the div#page because ist is used for all other text
    > areas of the site.

    What? There can be at most one element on each page that matches the
    selector div#page, so what are you talking about?

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/
    Jukka K. Korpela, Jul 21, 2011

  3. Knut Krueger

    Knut Krueger Guest

    Am 21.07.2011 21:34, schrieb Jukka K. Korpela:
    > 21.07.2011 21:04, Knut Krueger wrote:
    >
    >> I have I a drupal theme in the first CSS

    > As usual, a URL would be worth more than a thousand words.

    hmm localhost would not say so much ;-)

    > What? There can be at most one element on each page that matches the
    > selector div#page, so what are you talking about?

    good question - the best of all - sorry I got struggled with the Drupal
    theme system. I was looking for the header section which was in the
    last theme an extra block and in this theme a part of the content...

    The solution was to add the stand alone header block

    Thanks Knut
    Knut Krueger, Jul 22, 2011