CSS rendered different in Firefox and IE

markymark

Hi,

I'm using CSS to control linking styles on this page.

http://timothydahl.com/unity/about.htm

In IE6 it looks fine but in Firefox 1.5 the links along the right nav
don't show hover and start out in a color that I didn't specify. I can
only think it's picking up something from my bottom nav but IE views it
the way I want.

Any thoughts on getting better control of my linking styles here?

Thanks,
Mark

markymark

markymark said:
Hi,

I'm using CSS to control linking styles on this page.

http://timothydahl.com/unity/about.htm

In IE6 it looks fine but in Firefox 1.5 the links along the right nav
don't show hover and start out in a color that I didn't specify. I can
only think it's picking up something from my bottom nav but IE views it
the way I want.

Any thoughts on getting better control of my linking styles here?

Thanks,
Mark

I just realized it's only external links that are looking strange. Why???

markymark

markymark said:
I just realized it's only external links that are looking strange. Why???

IE is now also screwy. My CSS looks like this.

a:link {
text-decoration:none;
color:#000000
}

a:hover {
color:#999999
}

a:visited{
text-decoration:none;
color:#000000
}

..topnav a {
text-decoration:none;
font-size:12px;
}

..topnav a:link {
color:#000000;
font-size:12px;
}

..topnav a:visited {
color:#000000;
font-size:12px;
}

..topnav a:hover {
color:#cccccc;
font-size:12px;
}

..bottomnav A:link, A:visited, A:active {
font:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
color:#CCCCCC;
text-decoration:none;
font-size:9px;
}

..bottomnav a:hover {
color: #6F707F;

David Dorward

Ed Jay

markymark scribed:
IE is now also screwy. My CSS looks like this.

a:link {
text-decoration:none;
color:#000000
}

a:hover {
color:#999999
}
It looks OK in Opera. Have you considered putting a semicolon after the
#999999?

Jonathan N. Little

Ed said:
markymark scribed: <snip>

It looks OK in Opera. Have you considered putting a semicolon after the
#999999?

It is not required for the *last* statements, however I like to add it
anyway so that if at a latter time I add another statement to the rule
the ';' is already there. If missed it can cause an error that you can
waste a bit of time trying to locate.