    Any help.

    --
    Jerry
    Jerry C, Apr 17, 2008

  2. Jerry C

    Stan Guest

    On 17 Apr, 23:40, Jerry C <> wrote:
    > I have a machine running IIS 6.0. I just replaced the web.config and several
    > aspx pages in the application and now the style sheets are not working. the
    > images from the themes work but not the css files.
    >
    > Any help.
    >
    > --
    > Jerry

    Make sure that any css files are in the App_Themes/<theme name> folder.
    Stan, Apr 18, 2008

  3. Hi Jerry,

    As for the ASP.NET application, how did you originally reference those css
    style sheets? Are you using the Theme feature to bind the stylesheets(put
    them in Theme folder and let them be linked automatically)?

    By default, style sheets under Theme folder will be linked into page(that
    has applied the certain Theme) automatically. To verify this, you can
    visit the certain page(that doesn show style corrrectly) and open its html
    source in client browser to see whether the style sheet link is displayed
    in the client source.

    Also, have you checked the aspx page template to see whether there is any
    difference between the original one?

    Sincerely,

    Steven Cheng

    Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

    .

    ications.

    --------------------

    Steven Cheng [MSFT], Apr 18, 2008
  4. Jerry C

    Jerry C Guest

    Thank you for the replys.

    The web.config file had two entries like:
    <location path="styles.css">
    <system.web>
    <authorization>
    <allow users="*"/>
    </authorization>
    </system.web>
    </location>
    On the development machine it worked OK but when I droped this web.config
    file on another server it did not. It did not like duplicate location path
    entries for the same file. Also FYI if the same css file is in the main
    directory and in the App_Themes/theme directory it causes problems.

    Thank you for your help.
    --
    Jerry

    Jerry C, Apr 18, 2008
  5. Thanks for your reply Jerry,

    Yes, the further information you provided is very important. That remind me
    of the potentitial cause from forms authentication protection on pages or
    resource in the application.

    So you're using Forms authentication, and by default deny user="?",
    correct? Is the application hosted in IIS on both machine? Normally asp.net
    forms authenticaction won't affect those static files(such as css ,
    jscript...) because only those ASP.NET documents(aspx, ascx ..) will be
    forwarded to ASP.NET runtime for processing. However, you can check on the
    server to see whether the IIS extention mapping has bee changed that those
    static files will also be processed by ASP.NET runtime.

    For testing , you can also first turn off forms authentication protection
    on all page(set allow users="*") to see whether the style sheet can be
    accessed correctly. Also, since those Theme files are for displaying
    only, I suggest you consider add a rule (through <location> ) to allow all
    users access for the Theme folder. e.g.

    <location path="App_Themes">
    <system.web>
    <authorization>
    <allow users="*"/>
    </authorization>
    </system.web>
    </location>

    If you have any other findings, welcome to post here.

    Sincerely,

    Steven Cheng

    Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

    .

    ications.

    --------------------
    >From: =?Utf-8?B?SmVycnkgQw==?= <>

    <>
    >Subject: RE: css style sheets not working
    >Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 05:28:01 -0700

    >Thank you for the replys.
    >
    >The web.config file had two entries like:
    > <location path="styles.css">
    > <system.web>
    > <authorization>
    > <allow users="*"/>
    > </authorization>
    > </system.web>
    > </location>
    >On the development machine it worked OK but when I droped this web.config
    >file on another server it did not. It did not like duplicate location path
    >entries for the same file. Also FYI if the same css file is in the main
    >directory and in the App_Themes/theme directory it causes problems.
    >
    >Thank you for your help.
    >--
    >Jerry
    >

    >"Steven Cheng [MSFT]" wrote:
    >
    >> Hi Jerry,
    >>
    >> As for the ASP.NET application, how did you originally reference those

    css
    >> style sheets? Are you using the Theme feature to bind the

    stylesheets(put
    >> them in Theme folder and let them be linked automatically)?
    >>
    >> By default, style sheets under Theme folder will be linked into

    page(that
    >> has applied the certain Theme) automatically. To verify this, you can
    >> visit the certain page(that doesn show style corrrectly) and open its

    html
    >> source in client browser to see whether the style sheet link is

    displayed
    >> in the client source.
    >>
    >> Also, have you checked the aspx page template to see whether there is

    any
    >> difference between the original one?
    >>
    >> Sincerely,
    >>
    >> Steven Cheng
    >>
    >> Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead
    >>

    >> Delighting our customers is our #1 priority. We welcome your comments

    and

    Please
    >> .

    >> ications.

    rights.

    Steven Cheng [MSFT], Apr 21, 2008
  6. Hi Jerry,

    Have you got any progress on this issue? If there is anything else we can
    help, welcome to post here.

    Steven Cheng [MSFT], Apr 23, 2008