    to make it an css internal style.

    How can i do with dreamwaever?

    Thanks
    Luc, Nov 19, 2003

  2. Luc

    rf Guest

    "Luc" <> wrote in message
    news:bpfgl3$nvg$...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I use a CSS external sytle sheet and would like to import it in a html

    file
    > to make it an css internal style.
    >
    > How can i do with dreamwaever?

    Close down dreamweaver. Edit the CSS file and the HTML file using
    notepad/<your favourite text editor>. Copy/paste.

    Cheers
    Richard.
    rf, Nov 19, 2003

  3. Luc

    Steve Pugh Guest

    "Luc" <> wrote:

    >I use a CSS external sytle sheet and would like to import it in a html file
    >to make it an css internal style.

    Why?

    >How can i do with dreamwaever?

    Open the HTML file in Code View.
    Within the head section of the page type

    Open the CSS file. Select All. Copy.
    Switch back to the HTML file.
    Paste into the style elmenent.
    Save.

    There may be some dumb way of doing it in Design View but as I so
    rarely use that I really wouldn't know.

    Steve

    Steve Pugh <> <http://steve.pugh.net/>
    Steve Pugh, Nov 19, 2003
  4. Luc

    Sid Ismail Guest

    On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 11:31:53 +0100, "Luc" <> wrote:

    : Hello,
    :
    : I use a CSS external sytle sheet and would like to import it in a html file
    : to make it an css internal style.
    :
    : How can i do with dreamwaever?

    Use notepad even. Copy your external CSS, and paste internally after

    Sid
    Sid Ismail, Nov 19, 2003
  5. Luc

    Luc Guest

    Thanks a lot! Very simple
    I should have found myself.

    "rf" <> a écrit dans le message de

    Luc, Nov 19, 2003
  6. Luc

    rf Guest

    "Luc" <> wrote in message

    [upsided own posting fixed]

    > "rf" <> a écrit dans le message de
    >
    > "Luc" <> wrote in message
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > I use a CSS external sytle sheet and would like to import it in a html

    > file
    > > to make it an css internal style.
    > >
    > > How can i do with dreamwaever?

    > Close down dreamweaver. Edit the CSS file and the HTML file using
    > notepad/<your favourite text editor>. Copy/paste.

    > Thanks a lot! Very simple
    > I should have found myself.

    Crikey :)

    I was being somewhat tongue in cheek.

    Glad that you found that the is life outside "wysiwydag".

    Cheers
    Richard.
    rf, Nov 19, 2003
  7. Luc

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > >I use a CSS external sytle sheet and would like to import it in a html file
    > >to make it an css internal style.
    > >How can i do with dreamwaever?

    > There may be some dumb way of doing it in Design View but as I so
    > rarely use that I really wouldn't know.

    Here is the dumb way...

    In Dreamweaver, open the Site panel. (It is probably already open if not
    then click Window > Site.)
    Locate the file in the list of files.
    Click the Attach Style Sheet button.

    Yea, I can see how that could be pretty tricky for people use to text
    editors....

    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com
    Whitecrest, Nov 19, 2003
  8. Luc

    Steve Pugh Guest

    Whitecrest <> wrote:
    >In article <>,
    >says...
    >> "Luc" <> wrote:
    >> >
    >> >I use a CSS external sytle sheet and would like to import it in a html file
    >> >to make it an css internal style.
    >> >How can i do with dreamwaever?

    >> There may be some dumb way of doing it in Design View but as I so
    >> rarely use that I really wouldn't know.

    >Here is the dumb way...
    >
    >In Dreamweaver, open the Site panel. (It is probably already open if not
    >then click Window > Site.)
    >Locate the file in the list of files.

    Which file? The CSS or the HTML? Do I need to open the file once I've
    located it?

    >Click the Attach Style Sheet button.

    Where is this Attach Style Sheet button? I can't find it on any of the
    toolbars.
    I see a command in one of the menus, Text > CSS Styles > Attach Style
    Sheet, but I can't see a button anywhere.

    And using that command links to the stylesheet via <link> or @import.
    It does not include the content of the stylesheet in the HTML file,
    which is what I thought the OP was asking for.

    >Yea, I can see how that could be pretty tricky for people use to text
    >editors....

    Well I don't know. Your instructions leave a lot to be desired and may
    not be doing what the OP asked for in the first place.

    Steve Pugh, Nov 19, 2003
  9. Luc

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > >In Dreamweaver, open the Site panel. (It is probably already open if not
    > >then click Window > Site.)
    > >Locate the file in the list of files.

    > Which file? The CSS or the HTML? Do I need to open the file once I've
    > located it?

    Ok, your right, you are too stupid to use Dreamweaver. Try note pad.

    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com
    Whitecrest, Nov 19, 2003
  10. Luc

    Steve Pugh Guest

    Whitecrest <> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    >says...
    >> >In Dreamweaver, open the Site panel. (It is probably already open if not
    >> >then click Window > Site.)
    >> >Locate the file in the list of files.

    >> Which file? The CSS or the HTML? Do I need to open the file once I've
    >> located it?

    >Ok, your right, you are too stupid to use Dreamweaver. Try note pad.

    I use DW every day - it's my main development tool.
    Don't blame your inability to write clear instructions on me.

    Let's make it easier for you :
    I have an HTML document open in Design View. I want to insert the
    entire contents of a CSS file into that document. How do I do it
    without switching to Code View, opening the CSS file and cut and
    pasting?

    Steve Pugh, Nov 19, 2003
  11. Luc

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > >Ok, your right, you are too stupid to use Dreamweaver. Try note pad.

    > I use DW every day - it's my main development tool....

    if you don't like the answer, why not go to a dreamweaver forum?

    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com
    Whitecrest, Nov 19, 2003
  12. Luc

    Steve Pugh Guest

    Whitecrest <> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    >says...
    >> >Ok, your right, you are too stupid to use Dreamweaver. Try note pad.

    >> I use DW every day - it's my main development tool....

    >if you don't like the answer, why not go to a dreamweaver forum?

    What answer?
    All you've done is given unclear instructions and insulted me.

    I don't need to know how to move a block of CSS from a CSS file to an
    HTML file whilst in Design View. It's not something that I would ever
    want to do. However, you claim that it is possible and I am interested
    in finding out whether you're telling the truth or not. But the
    instructions you gave are not clear and so I can't determine whether
    you are telling the truth or not.

    Steve Pugh, Nov 19, 2003
  13. Luc

    Steve R. Guest

    Whitecrest wrote in message ...
    > Ok, your right, you are too stupid to use Dreamweaver.

    > www.whitecrestent.com

    It's all very well calling people "stupid", but looking at your own website I see you've done a
    rather "non-sensible" thing, by having to scroll your text box in the middle of your pages.

    Steve :~(
    Steve R., Nov 19, 2003
  14. Luc

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > >> I use DW every day - it's my main development tool....

    > >if you don't like the answer, why not go to a dreamweaver forum?

    > What answer?
    > All you've done is given unclear instructions and insulted me.

    Steve, you have way too thin a skin for usenet if you think I was
    insulting you..

    > I don't need to know how to move a block of CSS from a CSS file to an
    > HTML file whilst in Design View It's not something that I would ever
    > want to do....

    Why are you asking the question if it is something you will never do?

    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com
    Whitecrest, Nov 19, 2003
  15. Luc

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <GKMub.4875$>, "Steve R."
    <stevie_ritchie(NOSPAM)@hotmail.com> says...
    > It's all very well calling people "stupid", but looking at your own website I see you've done a
    > rather "non-sensible" thing, by having to scroll your text box in the middle of your pages.

    To each his/her own.

    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com
    Whitecrest, Nov 19, 2003
  16. Luc

    Steve Pugh Guest

    Whitecrest <> wrote:
    >In article <>,
    >says...
    >> >if you don't like the answer, why not go to a dreamweaver forum?

    >> What answer?
    >> All you've done is given unclear instructions and insulted me.

    >Steve, you have way too thin a skin for usenet if you think I was
    >insulting you..

    "you are too stupid to use Dreamweaver"

    That wasn't an insult? I'll agree that it's not a very good one, and
    it's patently not a statement of fact as I use DW extensively. So what
    was it if not an insult?

    >> I don't need to know how to move a block of CSS from a CSS file to an
    >> HTML file whilst in Design View It's not something that I would ever
    >> want to do....

    >Why are you asking the question if it is something you will never do?

    I didn't ask how to do it. You volunteered the information. All I'm
    asking is for you to clarify your instructions, because as far as I
    can see they don't make sense.

    There is no "attach stylesheet button" in my version of DW.
    There is a menu command of that name, but it brings up a browse
    dialogue and then links to the specified file rather than including
    the code in the HTML.

    I've given you three opportunities to clarify your instructions. But
    you haven't done so. Why not?

    I suspect that you know that your instructions are bogus but you're
    just too stiff necked to admit it.

    Steve Pugh, Nov 19, 2003
  17. Luc

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > >Steve, you have way too thin a skin for usenet if you think I was
    > >insulting you..

    > "you are too stupid to use Dreamweaver"
    > That wasn't an insult?

    Alas, sarcasm does sometimes get lost in usenet (hence the thin skin
    statement) Re-read what I wrote with a sarcastic flavor to it.

    > I suspect that you know that your instructions are bogus but you're
    > just too stiff necked to admit it.

    The instructions were taken (albeit edited for verbosity) from
    Dreamweaver help.

    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com
    Whitecrest, Nov 19, 2003
  18. Luc

    Sid Ismail Guest

    On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 18:56:08 +0000, Steve Pugh <> wrote:

    : I've given you three opportunities to clarify your instructions. But
    : you haven't done so. Why not?

    This is not your free 24x7 helpdesk.

    Sid
    Sid Ismail, Nov 19, 2003
  19. Luc

    Steve Pugh Guest

    Sid Ismail <> wrote:
    >On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 18:56:08 +0000, Steve Pugh <> wrote:
    >
    >: I've given you three opportunities to clarify your instructions. But
    >: you haven't done so. Why not?
    >
    >This is not your free 24x7 helpdesk.

    Gosh, really?

    And after I spent so much money on the service contract. I'm shocked.

    Steve Pugh, Nov 19, 2003
  20. Luc

    Steve Pugh Guest

    Whitecrest <> wrote:
    >In article <>,
    >says...
    >>
    >> "you are too stupid to use Dreamweaver"
    >> That wasn't an insult?

    >Alas, sarcasm does sometimes get lost in usenet (hence the thin skin
    >statement) Re-read what I wrote with a sarcastic flavor to it.

    Ah, so you were complementing me on my intelligence. Thank you.

    Any further I have to say on this suvject would probably involve some
    gross national stereotypes, and as I'm most of a bottle of wine down
    I'll stop now just in case.

    >> I suspect that you know that your instructions are bogus but you're
    >> just too stiff necked to admit it.

    >The instructions were taken (albeit edited for verbosity) from
    >Dreamweaver help.

    And you didn't test it before you posted? Got a lot of expertience
    with computer documentation, have you?

    Apology accepted.

    Steve Pugh, Nov 19, 2003