CSS Style with dreamwaever

Luc

Hello,

I use a CSS external sytle sheet and would like to import it in a html file
to make it an css internal style.

How can i do with dreamwaever?

Thanks

rf

Luc said:
Hello,

I use a CSS external sytle sheet and would like to import it in a html file
to make it an css internal style.

How can i do with dreamwaever?

Close down dreamweaver. Edit the CSS file and the HTML file using
notepad/<your favourite text editor>. Copy/paste.

Cheers
Richard.

Steve Pugh

Luc said:
I use a CSS external sytle sheet and would like to import it in a html file
to make it an css internal style.
Why?

How can i do with dreamwaever?

Open the HTML file in Code View.
Within the head section of the page type

Open the CSS file. Select All. Copy.
Switch back to the HTML file.
Paste into the style elmenent.
Save.

There may be some dumb way of doing it in Design View but as I so
rarely use that I really wouldn't know.

Steve

Sid Ismail

: Hello,
:
: I use a CSS external sytle sheet and would like to import it in a html file
: to make it an css internal style.
:
: How can i do with dreamwaever?

Use notepad even. Copy your external CSS, and paste internally after

Sid

Luc

Thanks a lot! Very simple
I should have found myself.

"rf" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de

Luc said:
Hello,

I use a CSS external sytle sheet and would like to import it in a html file
to make it an css internal style.

How can i do with dreamwaever?

Close down dreamweaver. Edit the CSS file and the HTML file using
notepad/<your favourite text editor>. Copy/paste.

Cheers
Richard.

rf

[upsided own posting fixed]
"rf" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de

Close down dreamweaver. Edit the CSS file and the HTML file using
notepad/<your favourite text editor>. Copy/paste.
Thanks a lot! Very simple
I should have found myself.

Crikey :)

I was being somewhat tongue in cheek.

Glad that you found that the is life outside "wysiwydag".

Cheers
Richard.

Whitecrest

There may be some dumb way of doing it in Design View but as I so
rarely use that I really wouldn't know.

Here is the dumb way...

In Dreamweaver, open the Site panel. (It is probably already open if not
then click Window > Site.)
Locate the file in the list of files.
Click the Attach Style Sheet button.

Yea, I can see how that could be pretty tricky for people use to text
editors....

Steve Pugh

Whitecrest said:
Here is the dumb way...

In Dreamweaver, open the Site panel. (It is probably already open if not
then click Window > Site.)
Locate the file in the list of files.

Which file? The CSS or the HTML? Do I need to open the file once I've
located it?
Click the Attach Style Sheet button.

Where is this Attach Style Sheet button? I can't find it on any of the
toolbars.
I see a command in one of the menus, Text > CSS Styles > Attach Style
Sheet, but I can't see a button anywhere.

And using that command links to the stylesheet via <link> or @import.
It does not include the content of the stylesheet in the HTML file,
which is what I thought the OP was asking for.
Yea, I can see how that could be pretty tricky for people use to text
editors....

Well I don't know. Your instructions leave a lot to be desired and may
not be doing what the OP asked for in the first place.

Steve

Steve Pugh

Whitecrest said:
Ok, your right, you are too stupid to use Dreamweaver. Try note pad.

I use DW every day - it's my main development tool.
Don't blame your inability to write clear instructions on me.

Let's make it easier for you :
I have an HTML document open in Design View. I want to insert the
entire contents of a CSS file into that document. How do I do it
without switching to Code View, opening the CSS file and cut and
pasting?

Steve

Steve Pugh

Whitecrest said:
if you don't like the answer, why not go to a dreamweaver forum?

What answer?
All you've done is given unclear instructions and insulted me.

I don't need to know how to move a block of CSS from a CSS file to an
HTML file whilst in Design View. It's not something that I would ever
want to do. However, you claim that it is possible and I am interested
in finding out whether you're telling the truth or not. But the
instructions you gave are not clear and so I can't determine whether
you are telling the truth or not.

Steve

Whitecrest

What answer?
All you've done is given unclear instructions and insulted me.

Steve, you have way too thin a skin for usenet if you think I was
insulting you..
I don't need to know how to move a block of CSS from a CSS file to an
HTML file whilst in Design View It's not something that I would ever
want to do....

Why are you asking the question if it is something you will never do?

Whitecrest

"Steve R." said:
It's all very well calling people "stupid", but looking at your own website I see you've done a
rather "non-sensible" thing, by having to scroll your text box in the middle of your pages.

To each his/her own.

Steve Pugh

Whitecrest said:
Steve, you have way too thin a skin for usenet if you think I was
insulting you..

"you are too stupid to use Dreamweaver"

That wasn't an insult? I'll agree that it's not a very good one, and
it's patently not a statement of fact as I use DW extensively. So what
was it if not an insult?
Why are you asking the question if it is something you will never do?

I didn't ask how to do it. You volunteered the information. All I'm
asking is for you to clarify your instructions, because as far as I
can see they don't make sense.

There is no "attach stylesheet button" in my version of DW.
There is a menu command of that name, but it brings up a browse
dialogue and then links to the specified file rather than including
the code in the HTML.

I've given you three opportunities to clarify your instructions. But
you haven't done so. Why not?

I suspect that you know that your instructions are bogus but you're
just too stiff necked to admit it.

Steve

Whitecrest

"you are too stupid to use Dreamweaver"
That wasn't an insult?

Alas, sarcasm does sometimes get lost in usenet (hence the thin skin
statement) Re-read what I wrote with a sarcastic flavor to it.
I suspect that you know that your instructions are bogus but you're
just too stiff necked to admit it.

The instructions were taken (albeit edited for verbosity) from
Dreamweaver help.

Sid Ismail

: I've given you three opportunities to clarify your instructions. But
: you haven't done so. Why not?

This is not your free 24x7 helpdesk.

Sid

Steve Pugh

Sid Ismail said:
: I've given you three opportunities to clarify your instructions. But
: you haven't done so. Why not?

This is not your free 24x7 helpdesk.

Gosh, really?

And after I spent so much money on the service contract. I'm shocked.

Steve

Steve Pugh

Whitecrest said:
Alas, sarcasm does sometimes get lost in usenet (hence the thin skin
statement) Re-read what I wrote with a sarcastic flavor to it.

Ah, so you were complementing me on my intelligence. Thank you.

Any further I have to say on this suvject would probably involve some
gross national stereotypes, and as I'm most of a bottle of wine down
I'll stop now just in case.
The instructions were taken (albeit edited for verbosity) from
Dreamweaver help.

And you didn't test it before you posted? Got a lot of expertience
with computer documentation, have you?

Apology accepted.

Steve