CSS Table border problem

ree

I am having difficulties in trying do duplicate the usual border look that
is achieved in normal HTML.

TABLE.skins { border-collapse: collapse; border: 1px solid #ffcc00; }
TABLE.skins TD{ border-collapse: collapse; border: 7px solid #475DCC;}

When i used this code
I am getting broders for each cell & the row, and therefore I end up with 2
borders around each cell than the just one ( which I want) which you can
get by using just HTML.

Is there a way to overcome this ?

brucie

I am having difficulties in trying do duplicate the usual border look that
is achieved in normal HTML.

TABLE.skins { border-collapse: collapse; border: 1px solid #ffcc00; }
TABLE.skins TD{ border-collapse: collapse; border: 7px solid #475DCC;}

When i used this code
I am getting broders for each cell & the row, and therefore I end up with 2
borders around each cell than the just one ( which I want) which you can
get by using just HTML.

thats not what the above css does so i'm not sure what effect you're
looking for. is it something like this?

http://stuff.bruciesusenetshit.info/table-border-thingy.html