    CSS www.paulwatt.info/css/paullayout.css

    TIA

    Paul

    Paul Watt, Mar 31, 2006

  2. Paul Watt

    Derek Erb Guest

    &copy;paulwatt designs 2005 tel:07766 335848
    valid <a
    href="http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.paulwatt.info%2F"
    class="validlink">XHTML</a> and <a
    href="http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http://www.paulwatt.info/css/paullayout.css"
    class="validlink">Valid CSS</a>

    Derek Erb, Mar 31, 2006

  3. Paul Watt

    Paul Watt Guest

    "Derek Erb" <> wrote in message
    > &copy;paulwatt designs 2005 tel:07766 335848
    > valid <a
    > href="http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.paulwatt.info%2F"
    > class="validlink">XHTML</a> and <a
    > href="http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http://www.paulwatt.info/css/paullayout.css"
    > class="validlink">Valid CSS</a>

    yep, thats my code

    Paul Watt, Mar 31, 2006
  4. Paul Watt wrote:

    > Hi,
    > at the bottom of my page, I have two different sentances in the same
    > the left hand side of the screen. The second sentance is placed in a

    ^^^^^

    > the problem is that the second sentance drops
    > below the level of the first sentance and I want them in-line. Please
    > help!
    >
    > The URL is : www.paulwatt.info CSS
    > www.paulwatt.info/css/paullayout.css

    Move the span to before the &copy; text.

    href="http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.paulwatt.info%2F"
    class="validlink">XHTML</a> and <a
    href="http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http://www.paulwatt.info/css/paullayout.css"
    class="validlink">Valid CSS</a></span>
    &copy; paulwatt designs 2005 tel:07766 335848

    You should add a space between &copy; and your name, and probably
    between the tel: and the number, too.

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 31, 2006
  5. Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > Paul Watt wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >> at the bottom of my page, I have two different sentances in the same
    >> the left hand side of the screen. The second sentance is placed in a

    > ^^^^^
    >
    >> the problem is that the second sentance drops
    >> below the level of the first sentance and I want them in-line. Please
    >> help!
    >>
    >> The URL is : www.paulwatt.info CSS
    >> www.paulwatt.info/css/paullayout.css

    > Move the span to before the &copy; text.

    > href="http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.paulwatt.info%2F"
    > class="validlink">XHTML</a> and <a
    > href="http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http://www.paulwatt.info/css/paullayout.css"
    > class="validlink">Valid CSS</a></span>
    > &copy; paulwatt designs 2005 tel:07766 335848
    >
    > You should add a space between &copy; and your name, and probably
    > between the tel: and the number, too.

    Or even simpler and would keep the natural order of the text for text
    readers....

    valid <a
    href="http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.paulwatt.info%2F"
    class="validlink">XHTML</a> and
    <a
    href="http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http://www.paulwatt.info/css/paullayout.css"
    class="validlink">Valid CSS</a>

    With CSS:

    ..footer { text-align: right; border-top: 1px dashed #00f;}
    ..footer DIV { float: left; }

    Also your code:

    Could be simply:

    with CSS:
    P:first-letter { font-weight: 700; }

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, Mar 31, 2006
  6. Paul Watt

    Derek Erb Guest

    Paul,

    That's not your code.

    This is your code (copied and pasted from your source):

    href="http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.paulwatt.info%2F"
    class="validlink">XHTML</a> and <a
    href="http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http://www.paulwatt.info/css/paullayout.css"

    Look closely. You do not have a div after footer and you used spans
    instead of divs.

    I modified your code and tested it before posting it. It's obviously
    not the same.

    Derek Erb, Mar 31, 2006
  7. Paul Watt

    Paul Watt Guest

    > Paul Watt wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >> at the bottom of my page, I have two different sentances in the same
    >> the left hand side of the screen. The second sentance is placed in a

    > ^^^^^
    >
    >> the problem is that the second sentance drops
    >> below the level of the first sentance and I want them in-line. Please
    >> help!
    >>
    >> The URL is : www.paulwatt.info CSS
    >> www.paulwatt.info/css/paullayout.css

    > Move the span to before the &copy; text.

    > href="http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.paulwatt.info%2F"
    > class="validlink">XHTML</a> and <a
    > href="http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http://www.paulwatt.info/css/paullayout.css"
    > class="validlink">Valid CSS</a></span>
    > &copy; paulwatt designs 2005 tel:07766 335848
    >
    > You should add a space between &copy; and your name, and probably
    > between the tel: and the number, too.
    >
    > --
    > -bts
    > -Warning: I brake for lawn deer

    Cheers all done

    Paul Watt, Mar 31, 2006
  8. Paul Watt wrote:

    > Cheers all done

    Yup. I see the space - tel :07766 335848 - is before the colon rather
    than after it.

    On your contact page, would you increase the size of the message
    textarea to maybe cols=50 and rows=8 ? Visitors would appreciate a
    larger box that isn't going to wordwrap so quickly. The Subject field
    could be longer as well.

    How about a thumbnail of the main page of each site in your portfolio?

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 31, 2006