CSS Tips and Tricks

Jukka K. Korpela

carolyn said:
- -
I loaded the page and because the default font was quite small, I
enlarged it. After that it became quite unreadable. Might want to
take a look at it.

"Turbo" is apparently participating in "Google SEO Contest" with almost
random content stolen from different sources (see "Turbo's" advertisement of
an age-old HTML tutorial in comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html).

"Turbo" actually mentions the contest at the start of his or her or its
page. (Yeah, "its". For all that we can know, "Turbo" could be a robot, i.e.
computer software programmed to create pages and to try to make them compete
by posting advertisements etc.)

The Usenet postings are probably part of the ugly methods used: when you
quote a message, including the URL, the URL earns a few points in the
competition, so to say.

The actual content is irrelevant; "Turbo" just wants people to visit the
page and create links to it, implicitly or explicitly. Even if the stolen
content were originally useful, "Turbo" may well have distorted and forged
parts of it; that would fit into the behavioral pattern.