css transparencies

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Cinamon Thunder, Aug 22, 2006.

  1. Cinamon Thunder, Aug 22, 2006

  2. Cinamon Thunder wrote:
    > Hi guys
    >
    > http://www.weddingconcepts.co.za/new/our_service.htm
    >
    > Apparently the green DIVs transparencies does not show on safari nor
    > firefox on apple mac..
    >
    > Any idea why?
    >
    > I have:
    >
    > filter:alpha(opacity=70);
    > -moz-opacity:0.7;
    > opacity:0.7;

    Works as expected on Win2K SeaMonkey/Firefox, IE, Opera...might be a
    'Mac-thing'. Not crazy about your layout though...

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Aug 22, 2006

  3. Jonathan N. Little wrote:

    > Cinamon Thunder wrote:
    >> Hi guys
    >>
    >> http://www.weddingconcepts.co.za/new/our_service.htm

    > <snip>
    > Not crazy about your layout though...

    Neither am I. :-(

    1. The Googlebot will have a hard time with this site. a lot of the
    (sparse) content is within images.
    2. There is no background color assigned, so I see my ugly default
    purple.
    3. Those large graphics - the ones that take up the whole center of the
    page - are too heavy. Reduce the number of bytes; they are slow to load,
    even with my fast cable connection.
    4. Inconsistencies: footer not present on all pages.
    5. That pale green color does not go well with the sepia-tone pictures,
    at least in my opinion.
    6. Strange mix of <table>s and <div>s. Let's blame that on DreamWeaver
    or FrontPlague (guessing one of those was used). <spit>

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Aug 22, 2006
  4. Cinamon Thunder

    dorayme Guest

    In article <ecenv2$9jp$>,
    Cinamon Thunder <> wrote:

    > Hi guys
    >
    > http://www.weddingconcepts.co.za/new/our_service.htm
    >
    > Apparently the green DIVs transparencies does not show on safari nor
    > firefox on apple mac..
    >
    > Any idea why?
    >
    > I have:
    >
    > filter:alpha(opacity=70);
    > -moz-opacity:0.7;
    > opacity:0.7;

    I have posted a screenshot of it on Safari on my Mac (Tiger) at

    http://members.optusnet.com.au/droovies/pics/wedding.jpg

    (get rid of the big main background image, it is altogether too
    much. How do I know this? I know, because my daughter is getting
    married soon... and I would not wish it upon her or her guests...)

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Aug 23, 2006