css transparencies

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Jonathan said:
<snip>
Not crazy about your layout though...

Neither am I. :-(

1. The Googlebot will have a hard time with this site. a lot of the
(sparse) content is within images.
2. There is no background color assigned, so I see my ugly default
purple.
3. Those large graphics - the ones that take up the whole center of the
page - are too heavy. Reduce the number of bytes; they are slow to load,
even with my fast cable connection.
4. Inconsistencies: footer not present on all pages.
5. That pale green color does not go well with the sepia-tone pictures,
at least in my opinion.
6. Strange mix of <table>s and <div>s. Let's blame that on DreamWeaver
or FrontPlague (guessing one of those was used). <spit>

dorayme

Cinamon Thunder said:
Hi guys

http://www.weddingconcepts.co.za/new/our_service.htm

Apparently the green DIVs transparencies does not show on safari nor
firefox on apple mac..

Any idea why?

I have:

filter:alpha(opacity=70);
-moz-opacity:0.7;
opacity:0.7;

I have posted a screenshot of it on Safari on my Mac (Tiger) at

http://members.optusnet.com.au/droovies/pics/wedding.jpg

(get rid of the big main background image, it is altogether too
much. How do I know this? I know, because my daughter is getting
married soon... and I would not wish it upon her or her guests...)