CSS Validator not working?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Marc, Jul 28, 2003.

  1. Marc

    Marc Guest

    1. Advertising

  2. Marc

    Marc Guest

    > <advice type="unsolicited">
    >
    > I had a glance at
    > http://portsmouth.anglican.org/readers/home/index.php
    >
    > Hmmm, methinks A nice looking site. Scales nicely to different canvas
    > dimensions.
    >
    > Then I changed my font size. I could not quite read your navigation (my
    > eyes, you know).
    >
    > You have made the most important part of your site, the navigaion, fixed
    > size. Why? The rest of the site is quite cleary designed to be scalable to
    > the viewers preferances of canvas size and font size. Why not the
    > navigation.
    >
    > Of course when I use my accessibility options to ignore your font sizes

    the
    > navigation bar, as expected, becomes even more unusable, the bottom part

    of
    > it disappears under the picture of a goblet.
    >
    > Does God think that only people with good eyesight should be able to
    > navigate your site? (*)
    >
    > </advice>

    Thanks Richard - I've sorted this.

    When I was fiddling with the design, I used fixed sizes as a temporary
    measure to experiment - looks like I missed this one when I took all the
    fixed sizes out.

    Any other comments / 'swipes' ? ;-)

    Marc
    Marc, Jul 28, 2003

  3. "Marc" <> wrote:

    > Target: http://www.portsmouth.anglican.org/readers/home/index.php
    > I/O Error: Unable to contact target server
    > www.portsmouth.anglican.org:80 after 3 tries.

    This means that the "CSS Validator" software tried to fetch the target
    from your server, but this failed even after two retries. It indicates
    a problem in the connection between two computers, nothing else.
    Usually such conditions are temporary, and there's usually nothing you
    can do about it try again later. The fact that you got the message
    indicates that the "CSS Validator" software _is_ working; it just can't
    get its work done, since it lacks the raw material (the page to be
    checked).

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/
    Jukka K. Korpela, Jul 28, 2003
  4. Marc

    Marc Guest

    > > Target: http://www.portsmouth.anglican.org/readers/home/index.php
    > > I/O Error: Unable to contact target server
    > > www.portsmouth.anglican.org:80 after 3 tries.

    > This means that the "CSS Validator" software tried to fetch the target
    > from your server, but this failed even after two retries. It indicates
    > a problem in the connection between two computers, nothing else.
    > Usually such conditions are temporary, and there's usually nothing you
    > can do about it try again later. The fact that you got the message
    > indicates that the "CSS Validator" software _is_ working; it just can't
    > get its work done, since it lacks the raw material (the page to be
    > checked).

    Thanks Yucca, it worked later - must have been a temporary problem
    somewhere.
    Marc, Jul 28, 2003
  5. While the city slept, rf <> feverishly typed:

    > Does God think that only people with good eyesight should be able to
    > navigate your site?

    He moves in mysterious ways... ;-)

    Cheers,
    Nige

    --
    Nigel Moss.

    "How strange the change from major to minor..."
    nice.guy.nige, Jul 28, 2003