CSS vs Konqueror

Gama Franco

Greetings.

I'm having a problem using CSS and viewing my page in the Konqueror Browser.

The page can be seen at http://kdata5.fis.fc.ul.pt/~tfranco

It works OK on the IE and Mozilla, but when I try to see the page in
Konqueror it doesn't assume the size xx-small for the values inside the
listbox.

This is my .css file:

body {background-color: Antiquewhite;}

div {
font-family: helvetica, arial, verdana, sans-serif;
font-size: small;
text-align: left;
}

div.groove {
background-color: white;
border-style: groove;
}

div.ridge {
background-color: white;
border-style: ridge;
}

p {
color: black;
font-family: helvetica, arial, verdana, sans-serif;
font-size: small;
text-align: left;
}

..small {
color: black;
font-family: helvetica, arial, verdana, sans-serif;
font-size: xx-small;
text-align: left;
}

And this is how I create the select:
<select name="yearBPoint" class="small">

Am I doing something wrong? What is it?

Thanks.
Gama Franco

Chris Morris

Gama Franco said:
It works OK on the IE and Mozilla, but when I try to see the page in
Konqueror it doesn't assume the size xx-small for the values inside the
listbox.

It may have a minimum font-size set, or it may not allow alteration of
font-size on form controls.
This is my .css file:
And this is how I create the select:

A URL would be more useful - it may be related to something else on
the page.
Am I doing something wrong? What is it?

Arguably, using xx-small, also known as 'unreadably small'. These
controls are fiddly enough at times, without the text being half
normal size.

Chris Morris

Gama Franco said:

Needs a no-frames alternative. You shouldn't be using frames anyway,
on a new (last few years) site. Plenty of resources posted to this
group about why frames are bad, search the archives.
http://www.google.com/search?q=why are frames wrong

I'm assuming it's the main_menu frame that's got the problem, the
others appear blank.

A few validation errors:
http://validator.w3.org/
Some of them relate to <select> tags, so that could be the problem -
try fixing that.

Also an error in CSS syntax checking
http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/

Fix the syntax errors and the problem might go away.