    Any help greatly appreciated!
    Br
    Gaƫl

    Gael, Sep 30, 2006

  2. Gael wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I'm trying to design a website using CSS. It goes fine except that I
    > get extra empty space at the bottom of my page and a useless scrollbar
    > on the right. It seems to me that this blank space is due to my using
    > improperly <div> CSS element. But I can't manage to avoid this blank
    > space...
    > Here's the HTML page:
    > http://www.le-groupe-krivitch.org/Le-Groupe-Krivitch/index.php
    > The CSS used:
    > http://www.le-groupe-krivitch.org/Le-Groupe-Krivitch/css/krivitch6.css

    The DIV is relatively positioned with top=-450px. Relatively positioned
    boxes are treated initially as though they had their default static
    positioning, and are shifted *after* the entire page has been laid out.
    The shift doesn't alter the layout of the remainder of the page. In
    other words, the bottom is where it would have been if you hadn't used
    position: relative.

    http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/visuren.html#relative-positioning

    Harlan Messinger, Sep 30, 2006