CSS

Paul Hill

Hi, quick question...

I've got a menu on my website and i want the hover colour of the links on
the menu to be a different colour to the links on the rest of the website
because the menu has a different background colour.

Can anyone explain how to do this?

Here's the code as it is, with only one hover colour:

<STYLE TYPE="text/css">
<!--
..title { color:#000000; font-size:12pt; font-weight:bold; text-align:center;
font-family:verdana,arial; }
..text { color:#000000; font-size:10pt; font-family:verdana,arial; }
..maintitle { color:#FFFFFF; font-size:30pt; font-weight:bold;
text-align:center; font-family:verdana,arial; }
..menu { color:#C0C0FF; font-size:10pt; font-weight:bold; text-align:center;
font-family:verdana,arial; }
A { text-decoration:none; }
A:visited { color:#0000FF; }
A:hover { color:#FFFFFF; }
-->
</STYLE>

Steve Pugh

Paul Hill said:
I've got a menu on my website and i want the hover colour of the links on
the menu to be a different colour to the links on the rest of the website
because the menu has a different background colour.

.menu { color:#C0C0FF; font-size:10pt; font-weight:bold; text-align:center;
font-family:verdana,arial; }
A { text-decoration:none; }
A:visited { color:#0000FF; }
A:hover { color:#FFFFFF; }

Is .menu the class applied to each link in the menu or to some
conatiner?

If each link then
a.menu:hover {...}
If the container then