CSS

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Paul Hill, Apr 7, 2005.

  1. Paul Hill

    Paul Hill Guest

    Hi, quick question...

    I've got a menu on my website and i want the hover colour of the links on
    the menu to be a different colour to the links on the rest of the website
    because the menu has a different background colour.

    Can anyone explain how to do this?

    Here's the code as it is, with only one hover colour:

    <STYLE TYPE="text/css">
    <!--
    ..title { color:#000000; font-size:12pt; font-weight:bold; text-align:center;
    font-family:verdana,arial; }
    ..text { color:#000000; font-size:10pt; font-family:verdana,arial; }
    ..maintitle { color:#FFFFFF; font-size:30pt; font-weight:bold;
    text-align:center; font-family:verdana,arial; }
    ..menu { color:#C0C0FF; font-size:10pt; font-weight:bold; text-align:center;
    font-family:verdana,arial; }
    A { text-decoration:none; }
    A:visited { color:#0000FF; }
    A:hover { color:#FFFFFF; }
    -->
    </STYLE>

    Paul Hill, Apr 7, 2005

  2. Paul Hill

    Steve Pugh Guest

    "Paul Hill" <> wrote:

    >I've got a menu on my website and i want the hover colour of the links on
    >the menu to be a different colour to the links on the rest of the website
    >because the menu has a different background colour.
    >
    >.menu { color:#C0C0FF; font-size:10pt; font-weight:bold; text-align:center;
    >font-family:verdana,arial; }
    >A { text-decoration:none; }
    >A:visited { color:#0000FF; }
    >A:hover { color:#FFFFFF; }

    Is .menu the class applied to each link in the menu or to some
    conatiner?

    If each link then
    a.menu:hover {...}
    If the container then
    ..menu a:hover {...}

    Steve

    Steve Pugh <> <http://steve.pugh.net/>

    Steve Pugh, Apr 8, 2005

  3. Paul Hill

    Paul Hill Guest

    Cheers, it was applied to a table actually, I'll apply it to the <A> tag.

    Paul Hill, Apr 8, 2005
  4. Hi,
    You could try www.alistapart.com. Quite a bit of lists to tabs, menus, etc
    with hover effects there.