css

darren

Hi,

When you do an <li>long sentance</li> and the sentance goes onto the
next line, how do you get the next line of text to start directly under
the start of the text above rather than under the bullet point.

Daz

Steve Pugh

darren said:
When you do an <li>long sentance</li> and the sentance goes onto the
next line, how do you get the next line of text to start directly under
the start of the text above rather than under the bullet point.

The normal behaviour with no CSS would be the behaviour you want, so
you must have done something to create the problem.

Post a URL or we can only make guesses.
One free guess: Make sure that you don't have list-style-position:
inside; applied to the list via your CSS.

Steve

Steve Pugh

darren wrote:

Please quote the part of the message that you are replying to. Most
people do not use a web interface to access Usenet; not all news
servers get all messages, or get messages in the same order; not
everyone keeps every message in a thread after they've downloaded them
waiting for the thread to become interesting.
http://www.congercapital.com/how_we_invest.htm

the sentance:-

.Strength of our unique network and access to resources gained from
experience in managing global businesses.

validator would have told you that this isn't allowed.

Steve

darren

To be honest I hadn't used a validator, which admittedly is very slack.

Cheers
Darren

Jonathan N. Little

Gufus said:
Hi darren,

Wednesday March 22 2006, darren writes to All:

Ya!

Why would you say it's slack?

Because if something isn't working as your expect, your first operation
is to check for errors!

Gufus

Hi Jonathan,

From: (e-mail address removed)
Because if something isn't working as your expect, your
first operation is to check for errors!

But isn't this person saying that the validating is slack (broken)? Thats the
way I was understanding his message.

Gufus

mailto:[email protected]
http://www.gypsy-designs.com

.... A man wrapped up in himself makes a very small package.

Jonathan N. Little

Gufus said:
Hi Jonathan,

Wednesday March 22 2006, Jonathan N. Little writes to Gufus:

But isn't this person saying that the validating is slack (broken)? Thats the
way I was understanding his message.

I would no classify it as 'slack', however you can get markup that
validates does not unnecessarily mean good design, but markup that
doesn't validate generally means there is an error. When your make
errors in your markup, browsers try it 'interpret' what you really
meant, different browsers will make 'interpretive corrections'
differently so how the page is displayed is unpredictable. Unpredictable
results is considered a 'bad thing' in computing and best avoided.
Gufus

mailto:[email protected]
http://www.gypsy-designs.com

... A man wrapped up in himself makes a very small package.

BTW

The proper way to denote your signature in Usenet is to precede it with
very specific characters:

--

the is [hyphen][hyphen][space][carriage return] When done so on properly
configured newsreaders everything follow those characters is identified

Gufus

Hi Jonathan,

From: (e-mail address removed)
the is [hyphen][hyphen][space][carriage return] When done so
on properly configured newsreaders everything follow those
characters is identified as a signature and is removed from
the quoted part of the message during replies.

Better?

mailto:[email protected] OD
http://www.gypsy-designs.com-- OD

.... The hidden flaw never remains hidden.

Mark Parnell

Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Gufus

No, you still don't have a .sig delimiter at all.

And while you're at it, can you please configure your newsreader to
include all message-ids in the references header like most do, instead
of just the one you are directly replying to - I keep getting threads
that I have killed popping back up because of it.

TIA

gufus

From: (e-mail address removed)
the is [hyphen][hyphen][space][carriage return] When done so
on properly configured newsreaders everything follow those
characters is identified as a signature and is removed from
the quoted part of the message during replies.

Better?

mailto:[email protected] OD
http://www.gypsy-designs.com-- OD

... The hidden flaw never remains hidden.

Test!

Jonathan N. Little

From: (e-mail address removed)
the is [hyphen][hyphen][space][carriage return] When done so
on properly configured newsreaders everything follow those
characters is identified as a signature and is removed from
the quoted part of the message during replies.

Better?

mailto:[email protected] OD
http://www.gypsy-designs.com-- OD

... The hidden flaw never remains hidden.

Incredible! No!

try cut an paste shall we, eh?

###### COPY FROM BELOW HERE ####

--

Gufus
mailto:[email protected]

##### TO ABOVE HERE ####

and paste it as your signature...

Steve Pugh

Gufus said:
Wednesday March 22 2006, Jonathan N. Little writes to Gufus:

But isn't this person saying that the validating is slack (broken)? Thats the
way I was understanding his message.

No he said: "To be honest I hadn't used a validator, which admittedly
is very slack." which to a native English speaker would normally be
taken as meaning that it was slack of him not to have used the
validator.

Steve

Gufus

Hi Mark,

From: (e-mail address removed)
<g> Though my newsreader will snip it anyway.

Mark...

You really need to know something, I'm a coordinator for a amateur network
called "Fidonet". I'm based in Calgary CA, and I'm also gating this message
from Fidonet to Internet. So, the software I use to gate Fidonet to Internet
is no longer supported, and it does have bugs in it. This message is actually
coming from Fidonet right now. :)

http://www.gypsy-designs.com/calgary

Gufus
mailto:[email protected]
http://www.gypsy-designs.com

.... Why experiment on animals with so many lawyers out there?