    next line, how do you get the next line of text to start directly under
    the start of the text above rather than under the bullet point.

    Daz
    darren, Mar 21, 2006

  2. darren

    Steve Pugh Guest

    darren wrote:

    > When you do an <li>long sentance</li> and the sentance goes onto the
    > next line, how do you get the next line of text to start directly under
    > the start of the text above rather than under the bullet point.

    The normal behaviour with no CSS would be the behaviour you want, so
    you must have done something to create the problem.

    Post a URL or we can only make guesses.
    One free guess: Make sure that you don't have list-style-position:
    inside; applied to the list via your CSS.

    Steve
    Steve Pugh, Mar 21, 2006

  3. darren

    darren Guest

    darren, Mar 21, 2006
  4. darren

    Steve Pugh Guest

    darren wrote:

    Please quote the part of the message that you are replying to. Most
    people do not use a web interface to access Usenet; not all news
    servers get all messages, or get messages in the same order; not
    everyone keeps every message in a thread after they've downloaded them
    waiting for the thread to become interesting.

    > http://www.congercapital.com/how_we_invest.htm
    >
    > the sentance:-
    >
    > .Strength of our unique network and access to resources gained from
    > experience in managing global businesses.

    validator would have told you that this isn't allowed.

    Steve
    Steve Pugh, Mar 21, 2006
  5. darren

    darren Guest

    To be honest I hadn't used a validator, which admittedly is very slack.

    Cheers
    Darren
    darren, Mar 22, 2006
  6. darren

    Gufus Guest

    Hi darren,

    Wednesday March 22 2006, darren writes to All:

    > From:
    > To be honest I hadn't used a validator, which admittedly is
    > very slack.

    Ya!

    Why would you say it's slack?

    Gufus

    mailto:
    http://www.gypsy-designs.com

    .... Murphy's Military Law: Friendly fire ain't.
    Gufus, Mar 22, 2006
  7. Gufus wrote:
    > Hi darren,
    >
    > Wednesday March 22 2006, darren writes to All:
    >
    > > From:
    > > To be honest I hadn't used a validator, which admittedly is
    > > very slack.

    > Ya!
    >
    > Why would you say it's slack?

    Because if something isn't working as your expect, your first operation
    is to check for errors!

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Mar 23, 2006
  8. darren

    Gufus Guest

    Hi Jonathan,

    Wednesday March 22 2006, Jonathan N. Little writes to Gufus:

    > From:
    > Because if something isn't working as your expect, your
    > first operation is to check for errors!

    But isn't this person saying that the validating is slack (broken)? Thats the
    way I was understanding his message.

    Gufus

    mailto:
    http://www.gypsy-designs.com

    .... A man wrapped up in himself makes a very small package.
    Gufus, Mar 23, 2006
  9. Gufus wrote:
    > Hi Jonathan,
    >
    > Wednesday March 22 2006, Jonathan N. Little writes to Gufus:
    >
    > > From:
    > > Because if something isn't working as your expect, your
    > > first operation is to check for errors!

    > But isn't this person saying that the validating is slack (broken)? Thats the
    > way I was understanding his message.

    I would no classify it as 'slack', however you can get markup that
    validates does not unnecessarily mean good design, but markup that
    doesn't validate generally means there is an error. When your make
    errors in your markup, browsers try it 'interpret' what you really
    meant, different browsers will make 'interpretive corrections'
    differently so how the page is displayed is unpredictable. Unpredictable
    results is considered a 'bad thing' in computing and best avoided.

    > Gufus
    >
    > mailto:
    > http://www.gypsy-designs.com
    >
    > ... A man wrapped up in himself makes a very small package.

    BTW

    The proper way to denote your signature in Usenet is to precede it with
    very specific characters:

    --

    the is [hyphen][hyphen][space][carriage return] When done so on properly
    configured newsreaders everything follow those characters is identified

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    Jonathan N. Little, Mar 23, 2006
  10. darren

    Gufus Guest

    Hi Jonathan,

    Thursday March 23 2006, Jonathan N. Little writes to Gufus:

    > From:
    > the is [hyphen][hyphen][space][carriage return] When done so
    > on properly configured newsreaders everything follow those
    > characters is identified as a signature and is removed from
    > the quoted part of the message during replies.

    Better?

    mailto:-- OD
    http://www.gypsy-designs.com-- OD

    .... The hidden flaw never remains hidden.
    Gufus, Mar 23, 2006
  11. darren

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Gufus
    <> declared in alt.html:

    > Better?

    No, you still don't have a .sig delimiter at all.

    And while you're at it, can you please configure your newsreader to
    include all message-ids in the references header like most do, instead
    of just the one you are directly replying to - I keep getting threads
    that I have killed popping back up because of it.

    TIA

    --
    Mark Parnell

    Now implementing http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html
    Mark Parnell, Mar 24, 2006
  12. darren

    gufus Guest

    "Gufus" <> wrote in message
    > Hi Jonathan,
    >
    > Thursday March 23 2006, Jonathan N. Little writes to Gufus:
    >
    > > From:
    > > the is [hyphen][hyphen][space][carriage return] When done so
    > > on properly configured newsreaders everything follow those
    > > characters is identified as a signature and is removed from
    > > the quoted part of the message during replies.

    > Better?
    >
    > mailto:-- OD
    > http://www.gypsy-designs.com-- OD
    >

    > ... The hidden flaw never remains hidden.

    Test!
    gufus, Mar 24, 2006
  13. Gufus wrote:
    > Hi Jonathan,
    >
    > Thursday March 23 2006, Jonathan N. Little writes to Gufus:
    >
    > > From:
    > > the is [hyphen][hyphen][space][carriage return] When done so
    > > on properly configured newsreaders everything follow those
    > > characters is identified as a signature and is removed from
    > > the quoted part of the message during replies.

    > Better?
    >
    > mailto:-- OD
    > http://www.gypsy-designs.com-- OD
    >

    > ... The hidden flaw never remains hidden.

    Incredible! No!

    try cut an paste shall we, eh?

    ###### COPY FROM BELOW HERE ####

    --

    Gufus
    mailto:

    ##### TO ABOVE HERE ####

    and paste it as your signature...

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    Jonathan N. Little, Mar 24, 2006
  14. darren

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, "Jonathan N. Little"
    <> declared in alt.html:

    > --

    You missed the space...

    --
    Mark Parnell
    Thankyou blinkynet!
    Mark Parnell, Mar 24, 2006
  15. Mark Parnell wrote:
    > Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, "Jonathan N. Little"
    > <> declared in alt.html:
    >
    >> --

    > You missed the space...

    Damn! Well that blows my point doesn't it!

    ###### COPY FROM BELOW HERE (corrected) ####

    --

    Gufus
    mailto:

    ##### TO ABOVE HERE ####

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    Jonathan N. Little, Mar 24, 2006
  16. darren

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, "Jonathan N. Little"
    <> declared in alt.html:

    > Damn! Well that blows my point doesn't it!

    <g> Though my newsreader will snip it anyway.

    > --

    Much better. :)

    --
    Mark Parnell
    Thankyou blinkynet!
    Mark Parnell, Mar 24, 2006
  17. darren

    Steve Pugh Guest

    Gufus wrote:
    > Wednesday March 22 2006, Jonathan N. Little writes to Gufus:
    > >
    > > Because if something isn't working as your expect, your
    > > first operation is to check for errors!

    > But isn't this person saying that the validating is slack (broken)? Thats the
    > way I was understanding his message.

    No he said: "To be honest I hadn't used a validator, which admittedly
    is very slack." which to a native English speaker would normally be
    taken as meaning that it was slack of him not to have used the
    validator.

    Steve
    Steve Pugh, Mar 24, 2006
  18. darren

    Gufus Guest

    Hi Mark,

    Friday March 24 2006, Mark Parnell writes to All:

    > From:
    > No, you still don't have a .sig delimiter at all.

    Are you sure ... now?

    Gufus
    mailto:
    http://www.gypsy-designs.com

    .... Talkers are no good doers.
    Gufus, Mar 24, 2006
  19. darren

    Gufus Guest

    Hi Mark,

    Friday March 24 2006, Mark Parnell writes to All:

    > From:
    > <g> Though my newsreader will snip it anyway.

    Mark...

    You really need to know something, I'm a coordinator for a amateur network
    called "Fidonet". I'm based in Calgary CA, and I'm also gating this message
    from Fidonet to Internet. So, the software I use to gate Fidonet to Internet
    is no longer supported, and it does have bugs in it. This message is actually
    coming from Fidonet right now. :)

    http://www.gypsy-designs.com/calgary

    Gufus
    mailto:
    http://www.gypsy-designs.com

    .... Why experiment on animals with so many lawyers out there?
    Gufus, Mar 24, 2006
  20. darren

    Gufus Guest

    Hi Jonathan,

    Thursday March 23 2006, Jonathan N. Little writes to Gufus:

    > From:
    > Incredible! No!

    Why.. what did I do wrong?

    > -+- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    > + Origin: Calgary Organization CDN Fidonet-Internet Gateway
    > (1:134/77.10)

    Gufus
    mailto:
    http://www.gypsy-designs.com