css

Jonathan N. Little

Gufus said:
Hi Jonathan,

Thursday March 23 2006, Jonathan N. Little writes to Gufus:

Why.. what did I do wrong?

Gufus
mailto:[email protected]
http://www.gypsy-designs.com

... All art is quite useless.

Your propensity to get something wrong even when laid out for you leaves
me speechless. Do you know Luigi?

step 1: press 'enter' key to start a new line
step 2: press the hyphen key '-'
step 3: press the hyphen key '-' again
step 4: press the 'space' bar once
step 5: press 'enter' key to terminate the line and start a new line
step 6: now you can type 'Gufus' and anything else you want to add to
your signature

Gufus

Hi Jonathan,

From: (e-mail address removed)
Your propensity to get something wrong even when laid out
for you leaves me speechless. Do you know Luigi?

<grin>

Remember one thing, this is being gated from another network (Fidonet) so when
it gets gated anything could happen to the original post, I have no control
over the gating software, (Soupgate).

The .sig should be working now. :) Had to kludge a few things.

Gufus
mailto:[email protected]
http://www.gypsy-designs.com

.... Everyone has a scheme that will not work.

Gufus

Hi Els,

From: (e-mail address removed)
LOL!

You really need to know something, I'm a coordinator for a amateur network
called "Fidonet". I'm based in Calgary CA, and I'm also gating this message
from Fidonet to Internet. So, the software I use to gate Fidonet to Internet
is no longer supported, and it does have bugs in it. This message is actually
coming from Fidonet right now. :)

http://www.gypsy-designs.com/calgary

Gufus
mailto:[email protected]
http://www.gypsy-designs.com

.... When you change the topic, change the Subject line!

From: (e-mail address removed)
Your propensity to get something wrong even when laid out

FYI ...

You really need to know something, I'm a coordinator for a amateur network
called "Fidonet". I'm based in Calgary CA, and I'm also gating this message
from Fidonet to Internet. So, the software I use to gate Fidonet to Internet
is no longer supported, and it does have bugs in it. This message is actually
coming from Fidonet right now. :)

http://www.gypsy-designs.com/calgary

Gufus
mailto:[email protected]
http://www.gypsy-designs.com

.... It is better to be deceived by a friend, than to suspect him.

Jonathan N. Little

Gufus said:
Hi Jonathan,

Friday March 24 2006, Jonathan N. Little writes to Gufus:

<grin>

Remember one thing, this is being gated from another network (Fidonet) so when
it gets gated anything could happen to the original post, I have no control
over the gating software, (Soupgate).

The .sig should be working now. :) Had to kludge a few things.

Nope don't see and dashes below do you?
Gufus
mailto:[email protected]
http://www.gypsy-designs.com

... Everyone has a scheme that will not work.

Now look at my sig, see the dashes? Way would gating software filter out
hyphens, a space and a carriage return and nothing else form your
message, eh???

Els

Gufus said:

Hello :)
Friday March 24 2006, Els writes to Jonathan N. Little:

You really need to know something, I'm a coordinator for a amateur network

Wait - I've read that somewhere - I'm sure it was today too... ;-)
called "Fidonet". I'm based in Calgary CA, and I'm also gating this message
from Fidonet to Internet. So, the software I use to gate Fidonet to Internet
is no longer supported, and it does have bugs in it.

And one of this bugs is eating your dashes and spaces? Prove it.
Here's some dashes: ---- and some spaces . Now reply to this
message and see if they stay?
This message is actually coming from Fidonet right now. :)

No kidding!
Do they have a feature where you can save messages to repost them in
reply to other messages later? ;-)

Anyway - I laughed at what Jonathan said, not at you. For you to
understand the joke, you need to search the group's history for
'Luigi'. Best get yourself a cup of tea and enough to eat before you
start reading though...

rwakeford

You really need to know something,

I'm sorry, I can't keep quiet any longer. It's not the people reading
this thread that need to know something, it's you who needs to grasp
what a sig delimiter is.
I'm a coordinator for a amateur network
called "Fidonet". I'm based in Calgary CA, and I'm also gating this message
from Fidonet to Internet. So, the software I use to gate Fidonet to Internet
is no longer supported, and it does have bugs in it. This message is actually
coming from Fidonet right now. :)

With all due respects it doesn't matter where you live or what you do
for a living. It also doesn't matter whether or not you have a good
grasp of the meaning of various phrases in the English language, can
spell properly or have a good command of grammar.

A sig delimiter is just that. As has been already clearly pointed out to
you, it is a line of three characters all on their own which, when
inserted just above your signature, prevents the said signature and all
other information under it from being quoted in follow up messages.

This line of three characters (as is shown below in my sig and most
other sigs) is composed of the following which you have to type in or,
even better, put in your message and reply template:

'Hyphen' 'Hyphen' 'Space bar' (once).

Then press Enter and you have your three charaters on the line and that
is your sig delimiter. Try it, it's really not that difficult ;-)

Jonathan N. Little

rwakeford said:
I'm sorry, I can't keep quiet any longer. It's not the people reading
this thread that need to know something, it's you who needs to grasp
what a sig delimiter is.

ROTFL!!!!

For a minute I was beginning to doubt my own communication skills, some
sort of "Twilight-Zone" thingy...

From: (e-mail address removed)
Nope don't see and dashes below do you?

Still broken hu... just a sec ...

Okay, should work now. :)
-+- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
+ Origin: Calgary Organization CDN Fidonet-Internet Gateway
(1:134/77.10)

Gufus

Gufus

Hi rwakeford,

From: (e-mail address removed)
Then press Enter and you have your three charaters on the
line and that is your sig delimiter. Try it, it's really not
that difficult ;-)

I understand whats going on, it's just a little more complicated than that, it
go's through three types of software. :) (Soupgate, Squish, Golded) Golded is
the editor, Squish tosses the message, Soupgate converts it. Looks like Golded
is what was stoping the (--). :)

Gufus

Els

Gufus said:
Golded is
the editor, Squish tosses the message, Soupgate converts it. Looks like Golded
is what was stoping the (--). :)

So, if Golded was stopping the --, who stopped the 3rd character, the
space? You? ;-)
----^ missing space!

rwakeford

Looks like Golded
is what was stoping the (--). :)

Oh dear, one more time.

'Hyphen' 'Hyphen' 'Space bar' (once).

Then press Enter but you MUST press the space bar after the two hyphens
for it to work.

By the way, it would also be preferable for you to put it above Gufus,
otherwise that would have to be manually deleted in any reply if you
left it where it is.

rwakeford

Looks like Golded
is what was stoping the (--). :)

Actually it's me who should apologise now :)

I looked at your (--) and didn't see a space but your delimiter actually
shows as working in this last message, so humble apologies. Still be
better if you put it above the Gufus though ;-)

Jonathan N. Little

Els said:
So, if Golded was stopping the --, who stopped the 3rd character, the
space? You? ;-)

----^ missing space!
Also will a little observation you should notice that traditionally your
name|pseudonym is part of your signature and therefore goes *below* the
signature marker

[hyphen][hyphen][SPACE][carriage return]

I guess we cannot repeat it too often.

Els

rwakeford said:
Actually it's me who should apologise now :)

I looked at your (--) and didn't see a space but your delimiter actually
shows as working in this last message, so humble apologies. Still be
better if you put it above the Gufus though ;-)

It only shows as working because you have set your newsreader to
understand OE sig-delimiters, which lack the space.

Gufus

Hi Jonathan,

From: (e-mail address removed)
ROTFL!!!!
For a minute I was beginning to doubt my own communication
skills, some sort of "Twilight-Zone" thingy...

Did you get what I was saying to rwakeford, it was a software clash, it wasn't
your lack of communication Jonathan, trust me. Your message was not
miss-understood. It took me a bit to find the bug, it was in Golded. See
Golded was not written to use "Internet" but "Fidonet", you should see how
broken email is using Soupgate via Fidonet. :)