    This page is really simple and doesn't have borders defined anywhere.
    The actual images do not have borders either.

    Thanks in advance.
    Don, Mar 6, 2009

  2. Don

    rf Guest

    Don wrote:
    > My apologies if this is the wrong NG.
    > Looked for something on CSS and was unable to locate anything.
    >
    > Might somebody be aware of why a blue border is being added around
    > images in the and "div.sidebar"

    Images.

    > div.masthead { position: absolute; top: 0; height: 126px; width: 100%;
    > text-align: center; }
    > div.sidebar { position: absolute; top: 135px; width: 140px; height:
    > 100%; }

    Ah, some CSS. What about the HTML that goes with it?

    > I don't have any in border definitions included.
    >
    > In the body these DIV's are simply in a <div-class"">

    Divs.

    And what is inside these divs? Images? And are these images (wildly cryltal
    ball guessing here) inside? An <a> element?

    > This page is really simple and doesn't have borders defined anywhere.
    > The actual images do not have borders either.

    How can abody tell what your problem is if you don't give us the URL of the
    page with the problem?
    rf, Mar 6, 2009

  3. Don

    Don Guest

    "rf" <> wrote in

    > Don wrote:
    >> My apologies if this is the wrong NG.
    >> Looked for something on CSS and was unable to locate anything.
    >>
    >> Might somebody be aware of why a blue border is being added around
    >> images in the and "div.sidebar"

    > Images.
    >
    >> div.masthead { position: absolute; top: 0; height: 126px; width:
    >> 100%; text-align: center; }
    >> div.sidebar { position: absolute; top: 135px; width: 140px; height:
    >> 100%; }

    > Ah, some CSS. What about the HTML that goes with it?
    >
    >> I don't have any in border definitions included.
    >>
    >> In the body these DIV's are simply in a <div-class"">

    > Divs.
    >
    > And what is inside these divs? Images? And are these images (wildly
    > cryltal ball guessing here) inside? An <a> element?
    >
    >> This page is really simple and doesn't have borders defined anywhere.
    >> The actual images do not have borders either.

    > How can abody tell what your problem is if you don't give us the URL
    > of the page with the problem?

    Thanks for your effort.
    The page is not active.

    I assumed the following clearly specified that images were contianed with
    in the DIV's (guess not).

    >>Might somebody be aware of why a blue border is being added around
    >> images in the and "div.sidebar"

    Yes the images are surrouned by <a> elements.

    I also assumed that sidebar would be a distinction for navagational
    links (guess I was wrong there as well).
    Don, Mar 6, 2009
  4. Don wrote:
    > "rf" <> wrote in
    >
    >> Don wrote:
    >>> My apologies if this is the wrong NG.
    >>> Looked for something on CSS and was unable to locate anything.

    The word to search is "stylesheets"

    comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets

    But they will ask the same question: Where is your URL to page in
    question...

    >>> Might somebody be aware of why a blue border is being added around
    >>> images in the and "div.sidebar"

    >> Images.

    and more specifically images within A elements.

    >>> div.masthead { position: absolute; top: 0; height: 126px; width:
    >>> 100%; text-align: center; }
    >>> div.sidebar { position: absolute; top: 135px; width: 140px; height:
    >>> 100%; }

    >> Ah, some CSS. What about the HTML that goes with it?
    >>
    >>> I don't have any in border definitions included.
    >>>
    >>> In the body these DIV's are simply in a <div-class"">

    >> Divs.
    >>
    >> And what is inside these divs? Images? And are these images (wildly
    >> cryltal ball guessing here) inside? An <a> element?
    >>
    >>> This page is really simple and doesn't have borders defined anywhere.
    >>> The actual images do not have borders either.

    >> How can abody tell what your problem is if you don't give us the URL
    >> of the page with the problem?
    >>

    > Thanks for your effort.
    > The page is not active.

    So? Up load it somewhere. To your ISP's personal webspace, or google
    "free web hosting" This is *not* a valid excuse.

    > I assumed the following clearly specified that images were contianed with
    > in the DIV's (guess not).
    >
    >>> Might somebody be aware of why a blue border is being added around
    >>> images in the and "div.sidebar"

    No, there is nothing offered that said that images were within either
    DIVs. But I will bet you this, you will probably find a blue border
    around *any* image with an A element *not* within "masthead" or
    "sidebar" DIVs.

    > Yes the images are surrouned by <a> elements.
    >
    > I also assumed that sidebar would be a distinction for navagational
    > links (guess I was wrong there as well).

    Possible, but not necessarily. "sidebar" could be for google ads,
    auxiliary information, or whatever. Nothing specifically linking a class
    "sidebar" to navigation, and especially without the relevant HTML....

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Mar 6, 2009
  5. Don

    Don Guest

    "Jonathan N. Little" <> wrote in

    > Don wrote:
    >> "rf" <> wrote in

    > The word to search is "stylesheets"
    >
    > comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets
    >
    > But they will ask the same question: Where is your URL to page in
    > question...

    >>> Images.

    > and more specifically images within A elements.

    >>> Ah, some CSS. What about the HTML that goes with it?

    >>> Divs.
    >>>
    >>> And what is inside these divs? Images? And are these images (wildly
    >>> cryltal ball guessing here) inside? An <a> element?

    >>> How can abody tell what your problem is if you don't give us the URL
    >>> of the page with the problem?
    >>>

    >> Thanks for your effort.
    >> The page is not active.

    > So? Up load it somewhere. To your ISP's personal webspace, or google
    > "free web hosting" This is *not* a valid excuse.
    >

    >> I assumed the following clearly specified that images were contianed
    >> with in the DIV's (guess not).

    Thanks to everybody for the assistance.

    Your words helped me at google.

    The following applied to the CSS removed the borders.

    a img { border-width:0 }
    Don, Mar 6, 2009
  6. Don

    +mrcakey Guest

    "Don" <> wrote in message
    <snip>

    > Yes the images are surrouned by <a> elements.
    >
    > I also assumed that sidebar would be a distinction for navagational
    > links (guess I was wrong there as well).

    What we're trying to get at is that it's got nothing to do with "divs" and
    everything to do with the images being surrounded by anchor tags. Therefore
    you need to style images with anchor tags around them to have no border. In
    the interests of teaching a man to fish rather than giving a man a fish, I
    suggest you investigate CSS selectors. You can then, if you so desire, apply
    different rules to images, images within anchors and images within anchors
    within specific divs.

    I think it's a little unfair that people expect you to know not to post a
    problem without a URL, but in future that's definitely the thing to do and
    then people are less uppity.

    --
    +mrcakey
    www.dreamberry.co.uk
    +mrcakey, Mar 6, 2009
  7. Don

    DLU Guest

    Don wrote:
    > My apologies if this is the wrong NG.
    > Looked for something on CSS and was unable to locate anything.

    http://www.webmonkey.com/

    Look for stylesheets.

    --
    ***************************************
    * This is the Spammish Inquisition *
    DLU, Mar 7, 2009
  8. Don

    Ari Heino Guest

    Don kirjoitti seuraavasti:
    > Looked for something on CSS and was unable to locate anything.

    Where did you search? Under the stones?
    I googled "css" and got 500 000 000 hits. I bet _some_ of them tells you
    something about css ;) (It's true that only a small portion will be
    helpful but anyway, I located "something".)

    And as you saw, for the future, whole page (through an url) is usually
    needed to see the problem. Not small pieces of markup: your problem was
    with a tags, not div tags.

    --
    Ari
    http://users.utu.fi/athein/