CSS

Don

My apologies if this is the wrong NG.
Looked for something on CSS and was unable to locate anything.

Might somebody be aware of why a blue border is being added around images
in the "div.masthead" and "div.sidebar"

div.masthead { position: absolute; top: 0; height: 126px; width: 100%;
text-align: center; }
div.sidebar { position: absolute; top: 135px; width: 140px; height: 100%; }

I don't have any in border definitions included.

In the body these DIV's are simply in a <div-class"">

This page is really simple and doesn't have borders defined anywhere.
The actual images do not have borders either.

Thanks in advance.

rf

Don said:
My apologies if this is the wrong NG.
Looked for something on CSS and was unable to locate anything.

Might somebody be aware of why a blue border is being added around
images in the and "div.sidebar"
Images.

div.masthead { position: absolute; top: 0; height: 126px; width: 100%;
text-align: center; }
div.sidebar { position: absolute; top: 135px; width: 140px; height:
100%; }

Ah, some CSS. What about the HTML that goes with it?
I don't have any in border definitions included.

In the body these DIV's are simply in a <div-class"">

Divs.

And what is inside these divs? Images? And are these images (wildly cryltal
ball guessing here) inside? An said:
This page is really simple and doesn't have borders defined anywhere.
The actual images do not have borders either.

How can abody tell what your problem is if you don't give us the URL of the
page with the problem?

Don

Ah, some CSS. What about the HTML that goes with it?

Divs.

And what is inside these divs? Images? And are these images (wildly

How can abody tell what your problem is if you don't give us the URL
of the page with the problem?

Thanks for your effort.
The page is not active.

I assumed the following clearly specified that images were contianed with
in the DIV's (guess not).

Yes the images are surrouned by <a> elements.

I also assumed that sidebar would be a distinction for navagational
links (guess I was wrong there as well).

Jonathan N. Little

The word to search is "stylesheets"

comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets

But they will ask the same question: Where is your URL to page in
question...

and more specifically images within A elements.
Thanks for your effort.
The page is not active.

So? Up load it somewhere. To your ISP's personal webspace, or google
"free web hosting" This is *not* a valid excuse.
I assumed the following clearly specified that images were contianed with
in the DIV's (guess not).

No, there is nothing offered that said that images were within either
DIVs. But I will bet you this, you will probably find a blue border
around *any* image with an A element *not* within "masthead" or
"sidebar" DIVs.
Yes the images are surrouned by <a> elements.

I also assumed that sidebar would be a distinction for navagational
links (guess I was wrong there as well).

Possible, but not necessarily. "sidebar" could be for google ads,
auxiliary information, or whatever. Nothing specifically linking a class
"sidebar" to navigation, and especially without the relevant HTML....

Don

The word to search is "stylesheets"

comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets

But they will ask the same question: Where is your URL to page in
question...

and more specifically images within A elements.

So? Up load it somewhere. To your ISP's personal webspace, or google
"free web hosting" This is *not* a valid excuse.
Thanks to everybody for the assistance.

Your words helped me at google.

The following applied to the CSS removed the borders.

a img { border-width:0 }

+mrcakey

Yes the images are surrouned by <a> elements.

I also assumed that sidebar would be a distinction for navagational
links (guess I was wrong there as well).

What we're trying to get at is that it's got nothing to do with "divs" and
everything to do with the images being surrounded by anchor tags. Therefore
you need to style images with anchor tags around them to have no border. In
the interests of teaching a man to fish rather than giving a man a fish, I
suggest you investigate CSS selectors. You can then, if you so desire, apply
different rules to images, images within anchors and images within anchors
within specific divs.

I think it's a little unfair that people expect you to know not to post a
problem without a URL, but in future that's definitely the thing to do and
then people are less uppity.

DLU

Don said:
My apologies if this is the wrong NG.
Looked for something on CSS and was unable to locate anything.
http://www.webmonkey.com/

Look for stylesheets.

--
***************************************
* This is the Spammish Inquisition *

Ari Heino

Don kirjoitti seuraavasti:
Looked for something on CSS and was unable to locate anything.

Where did you search? Under the stones?
I googled "css" and got 500 000 000 hits. I bet _some_ of them tells you
something about css ;) (It's true that only a small portion will be
helpful but anyway, I located "something".)

And as you saw, for the future, whole page (through an url) is usually
needed to see the problem. Not small pieces of markup: your problem was
with a tags, not div tags.