'CString' : undeclared identifier

Discussion in 'C++' started by Javier, Feb 9, 2005.

  1. Javier

    Javier Guest

    Hi

    I'm newbie with C++/ADO and I'm (trying) to develop a littl app with
    VC++ 6 that connects with MSDE using ADO.

    At compile time I receive a lot of messages that say: 'CString' :
    undeclared identifier. Surely, I've not the corresponding include
    statement, but...which is the include I should place there ?

    Now I've:

    #include <windows.h>
    #include <stdio.h>
    #include <string>
    #include <iostream.h>
    #include <sstream>

    Which one should I add ?

    Thanks in advance

    Javier, Feb 9, 2005

  2. Javier

    Jens Marder Guest

    Put your cursor over the text of CString and press
    the "F1" key. MSDN Help will show you the info
    available to CString, including the ".h" include file
    it's declared in.

    Jens Marder, Feb 9, 2005

  3. Javier

    Javier Guest

    Jens Marder wrote:
    > Put your cursor over the text of CString and press
    > the "F1" key. MSDN Help will show you the info
    > available to CString, including the ".h" include file
    > it's declared in.

    Thanks for your reply but I've not MSDN installed (and no CD)...

    Any other idea ?

    Thanks in advance

    Javier, Feb 9, 2005
  4. Javier

    Shezan Baig Guest

    Javier wrote:
    > Jens Marder wrote:
    > > Put your cursor over the text of CString and press
    > > the "F1" key. MSDN Help will show you the info
    > > available to CString, including the ".h" include file
    > > it's declared in.
    > >

    > Thanks for your reply but I've not MSDN installed (and no CD)...
    >
    > Any other idea ?
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    Try afxwin.h

    Hope this helps,
    -shez-
    Shezan Baig, Feb 9, 2005
  5. Javier

    Jens Marder Guest

    > Jens Marder wrote:
    >> Put your cursor over the text of CString and press
    >> the "F1" key. MSDN Help will show you the info
    >> available to CString, including the ".h" include file
    >> it's declared in.
    >>

    > Thanks for your reply but I've not MSDN installed (and no CD)...
    >
    > Any other idea ?
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    Are you joking ??
    The Compiler is USELESS without MSDN!
    If you've got no MSDN CDs, buy yourself
    a copy (or "borrow" them somewhere)
    Jens Marder, Feb 9, 2005
  6. Javier

    jak

    Joined:
    Dec 2, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    The header file you were after was, #include <atlstr.h>
    jak, Dec 2, 2011