csv to xls using python 2.1.3

LizzyLiz

Hi

I need to convert a .csv file to .xls file using python 2.1.3 which
means I can't use pyExcelerator! Does anyone know how I can do this?

Many thanks
LizzyLiz

Tim Golden

LizzyLiz said:
Hi

I need to convert a .csv file to .xls file using python 2.1.3 which
means I can't use pyExcelerator! Does anyone know how I can do this?

Many thanks
LizzyLiz

Use win32com.client to start Excel, tell it to .Open the .csv
file and then tell it to .SaveAs an Excel workbook.

TJG

Larry Bates

LizzyLiz said:
Hi

I need to convert a .csv file to .xls file using python 2.1.3 which
means I can't use pyExcelerator! Does anyone know how I can do this?

Many thanks
LizzyLiz

FYI - Excel can read .CSV files directly and convert them to .XLS.

-Larry

John Machin

Perfect! Thanks :)

LizzyLiz

You have an interesting notion of perfection, which may change after
some experience with the proposed solution.

Note that sticking with Python 2.1 precludes your using the Python csv
module as you first proposed, and is shutting you out of an enormous
lot of new functionality. Are you inextricably bound to 2.1?

LizzyLiz

FYI - Excel can read .CSV files directly and convert them to .XLS.

-Larry

Thanks Larry

The customer wants 2 buttons - one for csv, one for xls.

Kind regards
Liz