    means I can't use pyExcelerator! Does anyone know how I can do this?

    Many thanks
    LizzyLiz
    LizzyLiz, Jan 23, 2008

  2. LizzyLiz

    Tim Golden Guest

    LizzyLiz wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I need to convert a .csv file to .xls file using python 2.1.3 which
    > means I can't use pyExcelerator! Does anyone know how I can do this?
    >
    > Many thanks
    > LizzyLiz

    Use win32com.client to start Excel, tell it to .Open the .csv
    file and then tell it to .SaveAs an Excel workbook.

    TJG
    Tim Golden, Jan 23, 2008

  3. LizzyLiz

    LizzyLiz Guest

    Perfect! Thanks :)

    LizzyLiz
    LizzyLiz, Jan 23, 2008
  4. LizzyLiz

    Larry Bates Guest

    LizzyLiz wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I need to convert a .csv file to .xls file using python 2.1.3 which
    > means I can't use pyExcelerator! Does anyone know how I can do this?
    >
    > Many thanks
    > LizzyLiz

    FYI - Excel can read .CSV files directly and convert them to .XLS.

    -Larry
    Larry Bates, Jan 23, 2008
  5. LizzyLiz

    John Machin Guest

    On Jan 24, 1:58 am, LizzyLiz <> wrote:
    > Perfect! Thanks :)
    >
    > LizzyLiz

    You have an interesting notion of perfection, which may change after
    some experience with the proposed solution.

    Note that sticking with Python 2.1 precludes your using the Python csv
    module as you first proposed, and is shutting you out of an enormous
    lot of new functionality. Are you inextricably bound to 2.1?
    John Machin, Jan 23, 2008
  6. LizzyLiz

    LizzyLiz Guest

    Unfortunately we have to stick with python 2.1.3 for this project.
    LizzyLiz, Jan 24, 2008
  7. LizzyLiz

    LizzyLiz Guest

    On Jan 23, 5:15 pm, Larry Bates <> wrote:
    > FYI - Excel can read .CSV files directly and convert them to .XLS.
    >
    > -Larry

    Thanks Larry

    The customer wants 2 buttons - one for csv, one for xls.

    Kind regards
    Liz
    LizzyLiz, Jan 24, 2008