CTAGS usage

Discussion in 'C++' started by NewToCPP, Dec 16, 2005.

  1. NewToCPP

    NewToCPP Guest

    Hi,

    I want to create a tags file using CTAGS for C++ code. I have a list of
    files stored in a file "fileList". I want to use file names listed in
    this file as input to the "ctags" command. How can we do that?

    fileList
    ------
    ../src/a.cc
    ../src/b.cc
    ../new/z.cc
    ../new/z.cc
    ../another/k.cc
    ../another/l.cc

    I want to generate tags for these filese. How do I do that?

    I am not sure if I am posting it in the correct group. I thought most
    of you might have done it before. so posting it here.

    I appreciate your help.

    Thanks.

    NewToCPP, Dec 16, 2005

  2. NewToCPP

    mlimber Guest

    NewToCPP wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I want to create a tags file using CTAGS for C++ code. I have a list of
    > files stored in a file "fileList". I want to use file names listed in
    > this file as input to the "ctags" command. How can we do that?
    >
    > fileList
    > ------
    > ./src/a.cc
    > ./src/b.cc
    > ./new/z.cc
    > ./new/z.cc
    > ./another/k.cc
    > ./another/l.cc
    >

    > I want to generate tags for these filese. How do I do that?
    >
    > I am not sure if I am posting it in the correct group. I thought most
    > of you might have done it before. so posting it here.
    >
    > I appreciate your help.
    >
    > Thanks.

    Nope, wrong group. Try comp.programming or a group for your operating
    system. See the FAQ for what is on-topic here and for some suggestions
    of where else to post:

    Cheers! --M

    mlimber, Dec 16, 2005