ctypes Structure serialization

rych

I'm not quite familiar with python serialization but the picle module,
at least, doesn't seem to be able to serialize a ctypes Structure with
array-fields. Even if it was, the ASCII file produced is not in a
human-friendly format.

Could someone please suggest a method of saving and loading the fields
in ctypes' Structure derived class to a json or better yet, to
something like INFO
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_41_...s.html#boost_propertytree.parsers.info_parser

For example, I have an object of.... _fields_ = [("a", c_int),
.... ("b", c_float),
.... ("point_array", c_float * 4)]

I'd like the corresponding file to look like

a 1
b 1.0
point array 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4

Thanks

rych

OK, an easier question, hopefully.
How to unpack all fields from ctypes Structure line by line and save
into the name-value pairs?

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <615b1271-a9b0-4558-8e45-
I'm not quite familiar with python serialization but the picle module,
at least, doesn't seem to be able to serialize a ctypes Structure with
array-fields.

Remember that a ctypes structure is supposed to represent a lower-language-
level structure, which is just a block of bytes. Those bytes are the
serialization.