Culture name 'en-securid' is not supported

joop23

Hello,

I'm getting the following exception.

Culture name 'en-securid' is not supported

The code is below. What is 'en-securid' and why won't my browser (IE
6) pass in 'en-us?'

thx in advance!

CultureInfo ci; // Found in System.Globalization

if((Request.UserLanguages != null) &&
(Request.UserLanguages.Length > 0))
{
ci = new CultureInfo(Request.UserLanguages[0]);
System.Threading.Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture =
ci;
}
else
{
ci =
System.Threading.Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture;
}

StringBuilder messageBuilder = new StringBuilder();
messageBuilder.Append("Current culture info: ");
messageBuilder.Append("<br>");
messageBuilder.AppendFormat("-) Name: {0}", ci.Name);
messageBuilder.Append("<br>");
messageBuilder.AppendFormat("-) ISO Name: {0}",
ci.ThreeLetterISOLanguageName);
messageBuilder.Append("<br>");
messageBuilder.Append("-) Currency Symbol: " +
ci.NumberFormat.CurrencySymbol);
messageBuilder.Append("<br>");
messageBuilder.Append("-) Long Date Patter:" +
ci.DateTimeFormat.LongDatePattern);

Response.Write(messageBuilder.ToString());

Scott Allen

Culture name 'en-securid' is not supported

The code is below. What is 'en-securid' and why won't my browser (IE
6) pass in 'en-us?'

Do you use SoftID for remote access? I believe it puts that funky
language value in the browser - see Tools -> Internet Options ->
Languages.