    Please help. Thanks in advance.

    --
    Johnson Chow

    Mr. Chow Wing Siu, Jun 16, 2004

  2. Mr. Chow Wing Siu

    Paul Lalli Guest

    On Wed, 16 Jun 2004, Mr. Chow Wing Siu wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am seeking the perl script to read the /var/spool/cups/c* file
    > to get the info for job originating host and job owner, etc.
    >
    > Please help. Thanks in advance.

    What part do you need help with? What have you done so far? What didn't
    work the way you expected it to?

    The following documentations are all relevant to your goal. Have you read
    them yet? If not, type the following commands in your shell. Once you've
    read them, let us know if you don't understand something in them.

    perldoc -f open
    perldoc -f readline
    perldoc perlre

    Note that if you are looking for a pre-built script tailor made for your
    goals, you have come to the wrong place. For that, you should be posting
    a job listing to one of the job newsgroups (this isn't one of them).

    Paul Lalli

    Paul Lalli, Jun 16, 2004

  3. Mr. Chow Wing Siu wrote:

    > I am seeking the perl script to read the /var/spool/cups/c* file
    > to get the info for job originating host and job owner, etc.

    Have a look at the Net::CUPS module on CPAN. It looks like a lot of what you
    want to do has already been done, although the module docs are pretty thin.

    sherm--

    Sherm Pendley, Jun 16, 2004