Curiosity on hover tooltips

Oli Filth

Richard wrote:
Do while A>0 is nothing more than a fancier for/next loop.
The looping is automatic until the condition is met.
Since A is always greater than 0 (zero), it is an endless loop.

No. It won't run at all. There's no Loop statement.

Hywel Jenkins

Which goes to prove you know absolutely nothing of programming in BASIC.

The numeric variable A is initiliazed to 2.
Do while A>0 is nothing more than a fancier for/next loop.
The looping is automatic until the condition is met.

No it isn't. You haven't got a loop in there dumb-dumb. At best it
will do it once then throw a syntax error.

Hywel Jenkins

You are so correct. I did forget the loop in there.
Of course, it's been years since I've dabbled in basic.

Moved on up to HTML, though, haven't you, RtS?

Toby Inkster

Richard said:
Of course, it's been years since I've dabbled in basic.

I haven't touched (proper) BASIC since I was about twelve, but I still
remember that integer variables end in a % and DO ends in a LOOP. (And
that there were never any SLAP or BANG keywords.

SpaceGirl

Richard said:
On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 11:59:50 -0600, Richard wrote:

eric meyer's site eric meyer's site eric meyer's site eric meyer's site
eric meyer's site eric meyer's site eric meyer's site

nyeah-hah!

A=2
Do While a>0
Slap the monkey
Bang head on wall
A=A+1

End

Hmm a loop without looping :p

<%

x = 1

do while x < 100

%>

<%

x = x + 1

loop

%>

--

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

SpaceGirl

Hywel said:
Depends on the language. I imagine it's BASIC (this is Bullis we're
talking about), so if it compiles, it'll slap the monkey, and bang its
head on the wall. It would only do it once before finishing, though,
and it looks as though the "End" statement is redundant. I guess RtS is
a Microsoft developer - all the extra bloat (Do, increment, End) gives
it away.

OTOH, if it's a strongly-typed language, the variable "a" could have any
value under the sun since it hasn't been declared or initialised.

looks like BASIC to me... weirdy weird tho. Under ASP you dont have to
declare types btw.

--

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

Fat Sam

Duende said:
While sitting in a puddle Fat Sam scribbled in the mud:

Like you don't have a MAN sized dinner-plate. You really shouldn't
mention it in reference to rts.

lol....Okay, you got me there.....I never thought of that.....