    Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

    --
    Shelly

    Shelly, Nov 27, 2007

  2. Shelly

    Shelly Guest

    Shelly wrote:
    > I use Dreamweaver as my editor and ftp client. I made some changes
    > to a file. When I hit F12, it brings up a browser referencing a
    > temporary file. It blocks active-X content, but gives that message
    > and if I allow it, the menu structure (Active X) shows up. If I
    > simply go to a browser and bring up the actual file (on my local
    > machine), the Active X doesn't show up and I am not questioned on
    > whether to allow it. The area is just blank.
    > Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

    I figured it out. I had a source specification of "/js/menu.js". This is
    to be off the root level when placed on the server. I have the subdirectory
    structure there off the site root on my local machine in Dreamweaver.
    Apparantly Dreamweaver does the proper translations and finds that file.
    Just looking at the main file itself in a brower, it must interpret /js as
    c:\js, and not as a subdirectory off the site root directory. Hence, it
    didn't find the file. Changing the spec to "js/menu.js", or to
    "../js/menu.js" fixes this problem.

    --
    Shelly

    Shelly, Nov 27, 2007