Curious Dreamweaver vs file display

Shelly

I use Dreamweaver as my editor and ftp client. I made some changes to a
file. When I hit F12, it brings up a browser referencing a temporary file.
It blocks active-X content, but gives that message and if I allow it, the
menu structure (Active X) shows up. If I simply go to a browser and bring
up the actual file (on my local machine), the Active X doesn't show up and I
am not questioned on whether to allow it. The area is just blank.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

Shelly

Shelly said:
I use Dreamweaver as my editor and ftp client. I made some changes
to a file. When I hit F12, it brings up a browser referencing a
temporary file. It blocks active-X content, but gives that message
and if I allow it, the menu structure (Active X) shows up. If I
simply go to a browser and bring up the actual file (on my local
machine), the Active X doesn't show up and I am not questioned on
whether to allow it. The area is just blank.
Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

I figured it out. I had a source specification of "/js/menu.js". This is
to be off the root level when placed on the server. I have the subdirectory
structure there off the site root on my local machine in Dreamweaver.
Apparantly Dreamweaver does the proper translations and finds that file.
Just looking at the main file itself in a brower, it must interpret /js as
c:\js, and not as a subdirectory off the site root directory. Hence, it
didn't find the file. Changing the spec to "js/menu.js", or to
"../js/menu.js" fixes this problem.