Curious Problems In VS 2008, .Net FrameWork 3.5, & ASP.Net

WhiskeyRomeo

I am new to 3.5 development and totally skipped 2.0. I have few problems I
need to know about.

Where is it best to call InitializeComponent() (something we did not worry
about in 1.1). If I do not call it when the page loads the components are
not initialized.

The mybase event handlers the statement: "Handles . . ." such as "Handles
Mybase.load or me.load sometimes are dropped and I have add the handles
statement back in. Any reason why this occurs? This ocurrs at random after
a recompile or debug session.

WR

WhiskeyRomeo

I meant to add:

How you change a web project's configuration status from debug to realease?

If I choose the Configuration manager for the solution and pick "Release"
the setup project changes to release but http://localhost/Appointment/ (the
actual project)only has debug as an option. Currently I am deploying by just
copying the pages and .vb files. I have not learned the other deployment
options yet.