    Please let me know..
    Thanks,
    Sumaira

    Sumaira Ahmad, Nov 4, 2004

  2. Sumaira Ahmad

    Martin Kulov Guest

    Well Sumaira,

    That’s what the firewall is intended for. You should open port 80 (or someone else if accessing the service by soap.tcp) to allow incoming requests to your machine.

    HTH,
    Martin Kulov
    www.codeattest.com

    Martin Kulov, Nov 5, 2004

  3. Sumaira Ahmad

    Dan Rogers Guest

    Hi Sumaria,

    I agree with the earlier response. Your firewall is doing it's job. You
    can open Port 80 if you want wide open access to your service on your
    computer. You may want to do this with some caution, as this will be one
    of the first ports hackers start to ping. If you want to limit what
    machines can call your service, you can open the port, and then add port
    filtering security to the web service itself. Also be sure to add port
    filtering to the default web site, and take precautionary measures such as
    disabling/deleting the IIS web based admin page.

    Regards,

    Dan Rogers
    Microsoft Corporation
    >From: (Sumaira Ahmad)