Curiously recursive pattern-what is that???

papi1976

Hello to everyone

I heard about a strange thing about wich i have'nt find anything on the net
or
books, someone called this "Curiously recursive pattern" or a strange trick
to play with templates and inheritance...
Dunno what is that or how it works :(

Does someone has any idea about this thing???

Thank 2 everyone in advance

Victor Bazarov

papi1976 said:
I heard about a strange thing about wich i have'nt find anything on the net
or
books, someone called this "Curiously recursive pattern" or a strange trick
to play with templates and inheritance...
Dunno what is that or how it works :(

Does someone has any idea about this thing???

A quick search on Google for it (in double quotes, so it uses the phrase)
gives 3 links. Try it.

Phlip

papi1976 said:
Hello to everyone

I heard about a strange thing about wich i have'nt find anything on the net
or
books, someone called this "Curiously recursive pattern" or a strange trick
to play with templates and inheritance...

Thank the dieties it's not "recursive"!

It's James O. Coplien's "A Curiously Recurring Template Pattern." In Stanley
B. Lippman's /C++ Gems/, 135-144. Cambridge University Press, New York, New
York, 1996.

http://quantlib.org/html/a00993.html

ATL and WTL use it like it's going out of style, as a form of inheritance
and near-polymorphism that binds entirely at compile time.

papi1976

yeeaahhh!!

Thanks a lot and thank you to everyone even 4 the hints on the book!!!

Yep!

Jonathan Turkanis

Victor Bazarov said:
on the
net strange

A quick search on Google for it (in double quotes, so it uses the phrase)
gives 3 links. Try it.

Amen to google. But try "Curiously recurring template pattern".

Jonathan

Jonathan Turkanis

Phlip said:
on the
net strange

Thank the dieties it's not "recursive"!

Well, it *is* recursive in that it uses an entity being defined in its
own definition.

Thank the deities it's a 'virtuous circle' not a 'vicious circle.'

Jonathan