    Dunno what is that or how it works :(

    Does someone has any idea about this thing???

    Thank 2 everyone in advance

    papi1976, Feb 5, 2004

  2. "papi1976" <> wrote...
    > I heard about a strange thing about wich i have'nt find anything on the

    net
    > or
    > books, someone called this "Curiously recursive pattern" or a strange

    trick
    > to play with templates and inheritance...
    > Dunno what is that or how it works :(
    >
    > Does someone has any idea about this thing???

    A quick search on Google for it (in double quotes, so it uses the phrase)
    gives 3 links. Try it.

    Victor Bazarov, Feb 5, 2004

  3. papi1976

    Phlip Guest

    papi1976 wrote:

    > Hello to everyone
    >
    > I heard about a strange thing about wich i have'nt find anything on the

    net
    > or
    > books, someone called this "Curiously recursive pattern" or a strange

    trick
    > to play with templates and inheritance...

    Thank the dieties it's not "recursive"!

    It's James O. Coplien's "A Curiously Recurring Template Pattern." In Stanley
    B. Lippman's /C++ Gems/, 135-144. Cambridge University Press, New York, New
    York, 1996.

    http://quantlib.org/html/a00993.html

    ATL and WTL use it like it's going out of style, as a form of inheritance
    and near-polymorphism that binds entirely at compile time.

    --
    Phlip

    Phlip, Feb 5, 2004
  4. papi1976

    papi1976 Guest

    Curiously recurring template pattern

    yeeaahhh!!

    Thanks a lot and thank you to everyone even 4 the hints on the book!!!

    Yep!

    papi1976, Feb 5, 2004

    Jonathan Turkanis, Feb 5, 2004
  6. "Phlip" <> wrote in message
    > papi1976 wrote:
    >
    > > Hello to everyone
    > >
    > > I heard about a strange thing about wich i have'nt find anything

    on the
    > net
    > > or
    > > books, someone called this "Curiously recursive pattern" or a

    strange
    > trick
    > > to play with templates and inheritance...

    > Thank the dieties it's not "recursive"!

    Well, it *is* recursive in that it uses an entity being defined in its
    own definition.

    Thank the deities it's a 'virtuous circle' not a 'vicious circle.'

    Jonathan

    Jonathan Turkanis, Feb 5, 2004